• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Current Order-to-Delivery time?

Deeame

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Lightning
As you may know, Ford has cut prices on new orders. I ordered an XLT 312A Lightning that is to be built on 8/11. It cost ~$83K & after I ordered it, I read that the limit IRA tax credit was capped at $80K. So if I was to order another one & decline delivery (the dealer wants it if I don't), I could get a 1.9% interest rate, qualify for the tax credit, and get $10K off +$1K bonus for huge savings. The question becomes, how long will it take to get another truck ordered & delivered? Does anyone know? My dealer gave a very vague answer. I doubt I could resell it for anywhere near what I'd have in it.
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
As you may know, Ford has cut prices on new orders. I ordered an XLT 312A Lightning that is to be built on 8/11. It cost ~$83K & after I ordered it, I read that the limit IRA tax credit was capped at $80K. So if I was to order another one & decline delivery (the dealer wants it if I don't), I could get a 1.9% interest rate, qualify for the tax credit, and get $10K off +$1K bonus for huge savings. The question becomes, how long will it take to get another truck ordered & delivered? Does anyone know? My dealer gave a very vague answer. I doubt I could resell it for anywhere near what I'd have in it.
have you talked to your dealer? My dealer's system shows the updated pricing for my XLT 312a order. If your dealer isn't going to honor the correct pricing from Ford I'd tell them to pound sand.

OP
OP

Deeame

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Lightning
have you talked to your dealer? My dealer's system shows the updated pricing for my XLT 312a order. If your dealer isn't going to honor the correct pricing from Ford I'd tell them to pound sand.
I ordered online unfortunately

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
This has been discussed on the other "ford dropped price" thread in detail. More knowledgeable dealers are saying that there will be new stickers reflecting the new price, and they will honor new price. I'd say you are set.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This has been discussed on the other "ford dropped price" thread in detail. More knowledgeable dealers are saying that there will be new stickers reflecting the new price, and they will honor new price. I'd say you are set.
^^^

This is correct.

When the ordered truck shows up, the dealer will print out a new lower priced window sticker.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The question becomes, how long will it take to get another truck ordered & delivered?

No need to do so with your pending build the price should be adjusted upon delivery as mentioned above.

As to build to sale times, we don't have much recent data fewer people are participating in the build threads, I encourage you and all those waiting to post up your data on the forum tracker and comment in the appropriate build week thread, then we'll have a better idea of how production to delivery times are running once production restarts next Monday.

Last edited:

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
ordered mine this Monday no projected time was given to me. The site shows October timeline. From what I have ready if you have a VIN under the old pricing they will not adjust. You would be best served to walk away and re-order

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
From what I have ready if you have a VIN under the old pricing they will not adjust. You would be best served to walk away and re-order
where is your "understanding" coming from? My April order for August build has been adjusted as per the local dealer and my monroney. (I've had a VIN for a month or so).

OP
OP

Deeame

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Lightning
Great that’s what I’ve been hearing from most of y’all that they will readjust with only one person saying they wouldn’t. Thanks for all the input.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
ordered mine this Monday no projected time was given to me. The site shows October timeline. From what I have ready if you have a VIN under the old pricing they will not adjust. You would be best served to walk away and re-order
I think you may be mistaking about that.

The way I heard it when announced any vehicle in the order banks, any being built, any vehicle in transit and any new orders would receive the reduction in price.
Sponsored