• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So...where was the damage?

I can totally understand the ridiculously inflated price...because of the novelty...but I didn't see whatever the damage was that caused this auction in the first place. I did read about the left front loose trim but don't see anything....

Mike

OP
OP

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
That was it. Damage isn't always a dent in the roof, rockers, lights, undercarriage also take a hit sometimes. 262 bids.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
ACV auctions, great company- I like the fact their taking on the big Corporate auction houses. Their condition report is Amazing. I inspected cars for them, it was amazing what I would find was repaired, an entire lower rear floor cut out and rewelded from donor and Clean Carfax! Flooded out High country Chevy 4x4 2500 Duramax. Under carpet was wet, dried Mud on top of 4x4 selector switch, under engine cover etc. Looked amazing unless you know what to look for. It had gone through a dealers 60 point Inspection and nobody found it. Funny thing is, they wouldn't let me list it as it would have documented the flood damage. It was too many days to return to Manheim so the dealer just ran it back through them with no disclosure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Was a customer ordered truck from New Jersey.
Ford F-150 Lightning Damaged Lightning Lariat sold, $110,400 1654695412646

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Maybe the dealer figured out how to get a $30,000 ADM on a new Lightning without affecting the 75% customer match rule.
...especially informative to know whether or not this ~customer~ was a dealer prioritization order.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Wow………

Was this that one member who was not taking delivery because of the size and whatnot? Maybe he worked something out with the dealer to make money off the auction.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I hope the Media and Ford check this out. It really smells like a Scam.

I Remember DCH Ford of Thousand Oaks.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-dealer-reportedly-marked-up-lightning-nearly-150000/

A member who goes by the handle “Junk in the Frunk” discovered a tweet from the dealership DCH Ford of Thousand Oaks showing an F-150 Lightning selling for $145,309. The forum member said that “A Platinum starts at about $91,000, and obviously there are a ton of options you can add from there, but a +50% market adjustment?! I’m thinking Ford corporate might have something to say about this. Anybody around Thousand Oaks, CA with experience at DCH Ford?”

Last edited:

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
Sad thing is that I may be putting mine up for auction :( Haven't worked since May 19th as I started having lots more difficulties with my injuries from the military. Ended up spending a week in the hospital. I was hoping to be back to work by the 19th of this month, but of course the VA takes fucking months just to get a simple consult done, so you can THEN wait even more to actually see a doc.
If stuff gets rolling with my care, then there is no way I'm getting rid of it. Waited a year for the damn thing and it really is a nice truck. Even hard wired up the level 1 charger so I can get the 32 amps and not just get 2 miles an hour on a 120 outlet.
Sponsored