• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
I did both solar and will take delivery of the truck this year.. about 18k in rebates. The good news is I pay significantly more than that in income tax. I’ve got my deductions dialed in every year so I usually get a small check back.. I should get it a nice check next spring.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I didn't know there was cutoff to the solar credit. I thought you had 20 years to roll it over. I will end up using the rest of my spare credit next year since I'll be getting the Lightning tax credit this year. I bought the Mach E last year so I didn't use it this year either.
The solar credit is kinda hazy...I've asked different tax professionals and they each have a different answer. I guess we never really know for sure until the credit "expires" and new form is out there( form 5895 i think). That is where you can currently "carry forward" the credit. I don't think anyone knows for sure.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Exactly. There are plenty of situations that people can afford these trucks but don't pay enough taxes.
You can "afford" almost any mass produced car on a 120 month loan.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
You can "afford" almost any mass produced car on a 120 month loan.
I laughing, but I'm sure that's there are some people out there that would take on a term like that if they could. I swear when people do these 75+ month loans they must not look at the line that shows how much interest you pay over the life of the plan.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
<<<<<<<--------- Knows a thing or two about the tax situation, and with out taking this threads joyous theme further off topic........

I would like to remind all our SELF EMPLOYED folks, the self employment (Social Security/Medicare) taxes that comes in on form 1040 line 23 can not enjoy benefit of any unused EV credit occurring above that line.

Please consult your tax accountant, CPA or advisor on the proper amount of optimization you might consider doing with the quarterly ES tax deposits this year and follow their advice!
[/retired IRS guy PSA]

Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This poor thread is so far off topic. @TaxmanHog let the owners of the board know you need some help for moderating. I know you stay 110% busy tracking trucks for us. It would be nice to have some thread / forum management to keep us better on track and easier to find things when needed. I'm not suggesting you work 120%, just maybe they get you some help.

I truly don't mean we need Nazi style management, but truly a thread about the tax credit would be nice, however all of the discussion about it ended up over here in a new truck delivery thread.

Just a thought.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
White still shows dirt though not as bad as black does. Showing dirt is my main reason for going with Iconic Silver. While I like the other colours better, my driveway is 600' of gravel so keeping them clean is near impossible. My last car was silver (it got written off in an accident that wasn't my fault) and I didn't wash it for 6 months. The only way you could really tell it was dirty was that it wasn't very shiny. My wife and dad both have white cars and they show when they are not clean.

If I had to chose not thinking of keeping it clean and nice looking, then I probably would have went with AMB!

I can't wait to get my truck and these threads aren't helping matters 🤣 - they haven't even scheduled it yet even though I ordered Jan 28 (in Canada).

Yes I had a silver truck and that is the best for not showing that it's dirty. When I say dirt I should be saying dusty, light vs dark color is night and day difference. If the truck has mud on it there is no color to hide that. Antimatter Blue you can wash it and not drive it for a week and it will look dirty, opposed to a light color will not so much. You can have a light color car and the only way you can tell its dirty from a distance is the front brake dust on the wheels. I still might get the Antimatter Blue when I order because it looks awesome when it's clean and I will be keeping it in my garage, my black F150 has always been kept outside.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Yes I had a silver truck and that is the best for not showing that it's dirty. When I say dirt I should be saying dusty, light vs dark color is night and day difference. If the truck has mud on it there is no color to hide that. Antimatter Blue you can wash it and not drive it for a week and it will look dirty, opposed to a light color will not so much. You can have a light color car and the only way you can tell its dirty from a distance is the front brake dust on the wheels. I still might get the Antimatter Blue when I order because it looks awesome when it's clean and I will be keeping it in my garage, my black F150 has always been kept outside.
I agree. I had a silver Suburban that I just sold in anticipation of getting my Lightning and a Light Ice Blue Explorer that I just turned back into the fire department. Both vehicles were parked outside 24/7/365 looked good nonetheless even when attacked by dust and pollen.

For the Lightning, I am getting the Iced Blue Silver metallic - which I think will do just as well in hiding dust and dirt as the Iconic Silver.

Last edited:

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Same reason I chose the IBSM color.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
I laughing, but I'm sure that's there are some people out there that would take on a term like that if they could. I swear when people do these 75+ month loans they must not look at the line that shows how much interest you pay over the life of the plan.

Meh. At 1.99% I'd take it. Hell my 48 month loan few years back was like 3.2.

Having a little extra cash on hand might not be the worst thing right now.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
It’s a tsunami!
..,. Wave
2225 is the highest possible payload for a Lightning. You only get that on the Standard Range Pro trim with no options. Every option that gets added reduces the payload. Extra battery, fancy seats, extra speakers, glass moonroof, motors for auto opening tailgate, etc. etc. All of those things get subtracted from the max possible payload. The same goes for ICE trucks, as well.
All
Well when Ford offered us 0% for 72 months on a 2021 F150 Power boost Platinum FX4, I took their $620 Gap and put zero down.
So there are multiple different scenarios for people.

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
Question I dont recall reading about is:
Is the interior all black or 2 tone seats?
Also how do the cameras compare to ICE. Still shitty?

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Question I dont recall reading about is:
Is the interior all black or 2 tone seats?
Also how do the cameras compare to ICE. Still shitty?
Two tone is only on the Platinum if I recall correctly.

Edit: I am wrong two tone gray.

Last edited:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber