• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The Lariat is definitely 2 tone gray.
It was always noted as black, but many many pics definitely showed what you describe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Silent_Thunder

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 1993 F-150 XL 2WD
Occupation
Sustainable Landscape Design & Install
Question I dont recall reading about is:
Is the interior all black or 2 tone seats?
Also how do the cameras compare to ICE. Still shitty?
Our Lariat has two-tone seating.

OP
OP
Silent_Thunder

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fantastic!
Are you going to post any Youtube vides?
Back from my initial trip and had a big backyard bbq/bday celebration today. Hope to get a ton more pics and vid’s loaded this week!

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
What do you think about the interior? My order sheet says black and build and price shows black
FYI the Lariat only has one interior: two tone gray.

Sponsored

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Something I was just reading on another forum, but does the Lariat have the ability to turn the propulsion sound on and off? Was reading it was a Platinum only feature.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Something I was just reading on another forum, but does the Lariat have the ability to turn the propulsion sound on and off? Was reading it was a Platinum only feature.
From what I have seen, Ford restricted the propulsion sound to the Platinum. No idea why. Maybe they were trying to find a way to justify the $13k price bump over the Lariat.

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Congratulations! Could you please post some dimensions of the frunk? I have not been able to find any specific dimensions anywhere just the overall capacity. I am particularly interested in the height. Thanks in advance!

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
From what I have seen, Ford restricted the propulsion sound to the Platinum. No idea why. Maybe they were trying to find a way to justify the $13k price bump over the Lariat.
I strongly suspect that there is a ForScan setting that will enable the propulsion sound in other trims.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I strongly suspect that there is a ForScan setting that will enable the propulsion sound in other trims.
I know it is to each their own, I'm just struggling with anyone that wants to hear an ICE noise while driving this truck. Put your window down and just listen to the rubber on the road.

On the other hand I'm very excited to see if Forscan can read and make updates for these trucks like they do the ICE and what we might be able to turn on - like Bambi mode.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
I know it is to each their own, I'm just struggling with anyone that wants to hear an ICE noise while driving this truck. Put your window down and just listen to the rubber on the road.

On the other hand I'm very excited to see if Forscan can read and make updates for these trucks like they do the ICE and what we might be able to turn on - like Bambi mode.
That's the next thing I'm looking for someone to try. The lightning has an OBDII port and an AsBuilt profile, so I would be surprised if you're not able to edit the ForScan codes.

I also think the Lightning codes will be similar to the ICE codes. I compared the codes from the Powerboost F150 and there was some overlap with the Lightning.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)

ICE noise, no. Jetsons noise, yes!

OP
OP
Silent_Thunder

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What do you think about the interior? My order sheet says black and build and price shows black
Same. It’s not black. Definitely two tone. It’s nice. The denim look along the doors and dash are harder than I’d prefer, but given this is a truck, it’ll probably hold up better. I’m not crazy about the performance of my ventilated seats yet. I rented a Lariat years ago and remember how strong the cooling sensation was back then. I’m not getting that on ours.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Same. It’s not black. Definitely two tone. It’s nice. The denim look along the doors and dash are harder than I’d prefer, but given this is a truck, it’ll probably hold up better. I’m not crazy about the performance of my ventilated seats yet. I rented a Lariat years ago and remember how strong the cooling sensation was back then. I’m not getting that on ours.
My 21 F150 Platinum never had the intense cooling seats like they use to have. Ford must have changed the power to them. I remember feeling like I urinated on myself with the old cooling seats. Those haven't been around for a few years at least.
Sponsored