• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I am lucky to own both an F150 Lightning and a Harley Davidson Livewire motorcycle. The Harley is one of the few electric motorcycles that supports CCS DC fast charging, which is awesome for road trip adventures — the bike can charge briskly on a DC fast charger. Unfortunately, DC chargers can be a rare sight in the mountains or at a racetrack. For the Livewire, J1772 AC charging, even Level 2, is limited to Level 1 speeds.

I recently picked up a SETEC portable 10kw CCS DC charger that can run on single phase, 240V 30A power. You see where this is going. I can now plug the SETEC into the F150 and fast charge my motorcycle. This opens a whole world of possibilities as my F150 is now a mobile DC fast charger for the motorcycle.

Ford F-150 Lightning DC Fast Charging a Motorcycle from the Lightning IMG_2405

Every 4 miles or so added to the bike subtracts 1 mile from the Lightning’s range. In a typical charging scenario, I am looking at 100 miles of bike charging costing me 25 miles of Lightning range. That’s entirely useful for bigger adventures. I can load the Livewire into the bed of the Lightning and take it up into the mountains for a full day or multiple days of fun. It’s a game changer for extended fun on the electric motorcycle.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I am lucky to own both an F150 Lightning and a Harley Davidson Livewire motorcycle. The Harley is one of the few electric motorcycles that supports CCS DC fast charging, which is awesome for road trip adventures — the bike can charge briskly on a DC fast charger. Unfortunately, DC chargers can be a rare sight in the mountains or at a racetrack. For the Livewire, J1772 AC charging, even Level 2, is limited to Level 1 speeds.

I recently picked up a SETEC portable 10kw CCS DC charger that can run on single phase, 240V 30A power. You see where this is going. I can now plug the SETEC into the F150 and fast charge my motorcycle. This opens a whole world of possibilities as my F150 is now a mobile DC fast charger for the motorcycle.

IMG_2405.jpeg

Every 4 miles or so added to the bike subtracts 1 mile from the Lightning’s range. In a typical charging scenario, I am looking at 100 miles of bike charging costing me 25 miles of Lightning range. That’s entirely useful for bigger adventures. I can load the Livewire into the bed of the Lightning and take it up into the mountains for a full day or multiple days of fun. It’s a game changer for extended fun on the electric motorcycle.
Link for the SETEC?

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
The Lightning is already a proven motorcycle hauler for me. Near negligible range Impact when carried in the bed.

I use a pair of folding aluminum ramps to load it up.

Ford F-150 Lightning DC Fast Charging a Motorcycle from the Lightning IMG_2169

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

IMG_2405.jpeg

This ..... has caused me to consider selling the Destroyer and buy a Livewire for ET class drag racing, I could use the DCFC unit to top up to optimal SOC for every round..
Sponsored