• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer dropped Truck during Tire Rotation

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Can anyone recommend a shop in North Jersey to do an inspection? I got the truck back from them and I might be blowing it out of proportion, but they completed the inspection without taking the plastic cover off for the frame that the tech took off to use the jack. Looking under the truck, this clip looks like where the jack hit as the truck fell once it slipped off. Im sure it’s fine, but it is dented in so I would like to get it checked out by someone else just in case.

And to make matters worse, they rotated the tires wrong while the truck was up in the air!

IMG_2183.jpeg
I completely understand your frustration, but there’s nothing wrong here. I’d have them use some touchup paint to prevent corrosion, but there’s nothing to worry about. Your truck is fine and I hope the tech learned something in the process.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Our Sport Trac Adrenalin was jacked up by the running boards and that was a very expensive fix by the dealer. Those spec running boards were NOS in a Michigan warehouse and one of a few sets remaining.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Makes me glad I took mine to Discount Tire to have them rotated. Sorry you have to deal with this, what a nightmare.
I had a tire replaced at Discount Tire. I figured they probably didn't have many Lightnings come through but did have a lot of F150s so I asked the customer facing tech to make sure that only the designated jack points were used. I was still paranoid so I watched the tech after my truck was pulled in. She didn't want to set up the two post lift so she grabbed a hand jack and immediately started pumping it up right on a skid plate. I politely intervened and she used the lift.

Our trucks are rare and weird. They look like F150s but are more far rarer than C8 Corvettes. When a Corvette pulls into a service bay everyone in the building knows it's weird, when a Lightning pulls in everyone figures it's another F150. I can see Discount Tire screwing it up, a Ford dealership should know better and if they don't it's almost certainly a training issue.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Our Sport Trac Adrenalin was jacked up by the running boards and that was a very expensive fix by the dealer. Those spec running boards were NOS in a Michigan warehouse and one of a few sets remaining.
I am so fascinated by these cars. I only found out they existed in the last year or two. Doug Demuro NEEDS to review one!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I am so fascinated by these cars. I only found out they existed in the last year or two. Doug Demuro NEEDS to review one!
He did do a review, it was his review that made me seriously look at it. Did a quick search and 3 different videos came up, all in 2021. So he hasn't done anything recently.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
He did do a review, it was his review that made me seriously look at it. Did a quick search and 3 different videos came up, all in 2021. So he hasn't done anything recently.
I can't find it if he did.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Our trucks are rare and weird. They look like F150s but are more far rarer than C8 Corvettes. When a Corvette pulls into a service bay everyone in the building knows it's weird, when a Lightning pulls in everyone figures it's another F150. I can see Discount Tire screwing it up, a Ford dealership should know better and if they don't it's almost certainly a training issue.
The jack points and wheel mounting are identical to a regular F150.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Right. Which is why the mechanic needs to be fired.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
But it's possible to lift it using the frame rail between the jack points isn't it? That's a question because my last F150 was a 2010 and you could absolutely lift it using the frame rails.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
But it's possible to lift it using the frame rail between the jack points isn't it? That's a question because my last F150 was a 2010 and you could absolutely lift it using the frame rails.
You won’t hurt it like that. I’ve done it.

Just like every owner’s manual cautions against lifting a solid axle vehicle from the differential, but shops do it every day. When’s the last time a shop bent someone’s axle?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
You won’t hurt it like that. I’ve done it.

Just like every owner’s manual cautions against lifting a solid axle vehicle from the differential, but shops do it every day. When’s the last time a shop bent someone’s axle?
I guess what I mean is, there's not a part you have to remove on an ICE F150 to use the frame rail to lift it like there is on a Lightning? I just checked my wife's 2022 Navigator and there's nothing preventing lifting by the frame rail. I'm assuming it's the same on ICE trucks but I haven't verified it.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
This is why I do my own work. I'll be doing all service myself going forward. I can rotate tires and replace the cabin air filter as well as any tech. :p

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
This is why I do my own work. I'll be doing all service myself going forward. I can rotate tires and replace the cabin air filter as well as any tech. :p
I can too, but I still took mine in for the inspection. It's cheap enough, and the dealership did find a leaking CV axle on my truck that had to be replaced
Sponsored