• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealers trucks

Wakeboarder503

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000Ranger 2015Tacoma
So when I go on the website to the dealer who has my reservation it list 3 new trucks on the way. And they were unable to get my order in? The first stealer I had my reservation at has a pro listed with a $20,000 mark up! Is this common what gives.
Ford F-150 Lightning Dealers trucks 150-LIGHTNING
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Those are likely Customer orders. Dealers like to add them to their websites to get clicks and calls "oh, that one is already sold, but I have these other ICE F150s right here on the lot!"

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
One could be a mannequin/demo vehicle that they are attempting to pre-sale once the demo period is over. I think there was a thread on here about something similar.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Look at the window stickers. They are customer orders if they have green trim and say "Special Order" on bottom. They are FCTP vehicles if they have "F001" in the item number.

Edit: 2 of the 3 are customer orders; the third is an FCTP vehicle.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
So when I go on the website to the dealer who has my reservation it list 3 new trucks on the way. And they were unable to get my order in? The first stealer I had my reservation at has a pro listed with a $20,000 mark up! Is this common what gives.
150-LIGHTNING.jpg
Yes, $20K over MSRP is not unusual - even my local Ford dealer wants $20K over MSRP on a customer abandoned Mustang Mach E.

I asked that dealer that charges ADM on even a customer ordered vehicle and they said they will mark up any customer abandoned, dealer stock or demo for $30K over MSRP because they said the market allows it.

Just hope my no ADM dealer doesn't sell my ordered Lightning from under me when it hits the lot!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, $20K over MSRP is not unusual - even my local Ford dealer wants $20K over MSRP on a customer abandoned Mustang Mach E.

I asked another dealer and they said they will mark up any customer abandoned, dealer stock or demo for $30K over MSRP because they said the market allows it.

Just hope my dealer doesn't sell my ordered Lightning from under me when it hits the lot!
This is why I will Activate on Ford Pass and hope someone activated it on the other end(crossing fingers) but to tell you the truth, if someone decides to pay $30k over then God Bless them. I hope the dealer have answers for the media coverage they will get

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This is why I will Activate on Ford Pass and hope someone activated it on the other end(crossing fingers) but to tell you the truth, if someone decides to pay $30k over then God Bless them. I hope the dealer have answers for the media coverage they will get
So if you activate your VIN with Ford Pass, how does that prevent a dealer from "stealing" your order and reselling it ?

Does the activation lock out the next owner or dealer ??

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So if you activate your VIN with Ford Pass, how does that prevent a dealer from "stealing" your order and reselling it ?

Does the activation lock out the next owner or dealer ??
It doesn’t. All you can do is track the movement of the truck from the Railyard to the Dealer. That way you know it has arrived. From that point you can call the dealer or even show up and get everything done. They can do the pre-delivery while you sign paperwork 🤣

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I am not sure if it can be activated with modules in either "factory" or "transit" modes.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I am not sure if it can be activated with modules in either "factory" or "transit" modes.
Well hopefully it’s similar enough to the ICE where it works. If not then that’s unfortunate.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
If you want some mindless fun go to AutoTrader.Com and search the 218 2022 Ford Lightnings listed for sale. With low VINS they are dealer stock which cannot be sold for months.

Of interest is a Pro for $94,000 in Washington State.:)

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I went to a local dealer website and it shows In Stock with a Stock Number hmmmm all other say “In Transit”
There was a Youtube post about a week or two ago showing a dealership with a White XLT in their showroom already. I just tried to search for it but it seems to have been taken down. IDK how but at least one dealer already had one (Mannequin?) Anyone else have a link to the vid i'm talking about?

Its sick how the dealers screwed over invitee's and are now trying to make sick profit for themselves. After watching todays launch event, Ford tries to present itself as a classy, friendly, honest and caring company. They really need to revamp the dealership side of things and drain the swamp of these crooks. I've known a few dealership owners over the years, and they all have sick money. Greed of the franchisee affects the entire corporation. I hope Ford is listening. If you can revive the Rouge plant in record time, you can clean up the dealership antics just as quickly.
Sponsored