• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DFW Lightning owners

astolleis

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Atlas Blue Lighting
Hi All, I'm in north oak cliff and was part of wave 7. My In Production date was 1-Sep, and I believe i'm waiting at the body shop for a spray in liner. I'm hoping to see my truck by EOM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hi All, I'm in north oak cliff and was part of wave 7. My In Production date was 1-Sep, and I believe i'm waiting at the body shop for a spray in liner. I'm hoping to see my truck by EOM.
Congrats - A 9/1 date and already at the bed liner shop means they've streamlined a bit. I was part of the 5/23 debacle week that threw off much of the summer, but have been driving it a while now. We've got several owners here and I've seen 3 others in the wild very close to me.

Maybe another few weeks as we continue to cool off we have a meet up if anyone else is interested.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Is anyone interested in a F150 Lightning Club?

I have entered my EVs in a bunch of auto shows. Usually the Tesla crowd is well represented at the auto shows and a lot of the auto shows give awards for the best auto club turn out. I think being in a F150 Lightning auto that exhibits in local auto shows would be fun and a great way to promote the F150 Lightning.

I don’t expect my reservation to turn into an order until late 2023 or 2024 but I know I will be showing my F150 Lightning in auto shows when I get even if I have to go all by myself. Anyone else in?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I now have a build date of 1/16/2023. Stone Gray Metallic, Lariat ER with max tow package. I’m really looking forward to meeting up with other new F150L owners in the DFW area.

Reactions: GDN

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
MY23 XLT in AntiMatter Blue in Frisco.
ordered 8/24/22
Delivered 11/10/22
Great experience at Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney
Sign me up for the group!
Ford F-150 Lightning DFW Lightning owners 94AE63EF-2640-46A7-ABEB-774A2DAEC755

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Count me in. I’m in southern Denton County. I went to a local Maverick meetup. They do theirs at Fords Garage in Plano. Cool Ford-themed restaurant with plenty of parking. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/2nd-dfw-maverick-owners-meet.22443/
Great idea on location. We should start to pick a date in March/April. Will check with them to see if they have any rules. They can't say a lot if we show up and park and eat, but if we just hang out many places don't like that, even if Ford is on their sign.

With Tesla we typically just choose a super charger location - many have additional parking, but that won't work quite the same here.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Great idea on location. We should start to pick a date in March/April. Will check with them to see if they have any rules. They can't say a lot if we show up and park and eat, but if we just hang out many places don't like that, even if Ford is on their sign.

With Tesla we typically just choose a super charger location - many have additional parking, but that won't work quite the same here.
They are very cool about it and encourage car clubs. If they know you are coming they will reserve table space for you. At the first Maverick meet, we just showed up, 11 15 of us, and they had to scramble to find table space. Manager came over and wanted to hear about all the Mavericks (he thought they were Rangers). I suggest the meet start at 10:30 or 11 and plan to go inside by 11:30, they get busy quickly.

Last edited:

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I have registered to show my Lightning on April 22nd at the Earth Week event at Fair Park. Come by and compare Lightning notes or, better yet, register to show your truck and we’ll have a Lightning show.

BTW, my Stone Gray Metallic Lariat was delivered on Valentines Day.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Earth Day (Week?) at Fair Park is next weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). There iwill be a large EV showing all three days. I will be showing my Lightning on Saturday.

I think it’s too late to register to show your Lightnings if you haven’t already done so but come and see the Lightnings that will be there or just come out to enjoy the Earth Day event.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I was considering going, I'm part of the Tesla group and have been out with Model 3's more than once. I understand why, but the key is it is an all day commitment. They won't let vehicles move once the gates open. Maybe they've changed or would let you get out part way through the day, but I'm thinking we had to be in by 8 or so and not out until after 4 I think it was.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Just to give everyone a belated heads up, I did show my truck at Earth Day in Fair Park and my Lightning was extremely popular! I will show my truck again at Earth Day next year if I’m invited but I will definitely be showing my truck at the Drive EV event in September. Hope to see you there.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN