• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Austin owners

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Anyone on this thread buy from Leif Johnson downtown / 2222 Austin?

Curious what I should expect for price issues between my order agreement in September and price whenever it gets delivered (was built / mixed last weekend)?
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Anyone on this thread buy from Leif Johnson downtown / 2222 Austin?

Curious what I should expect for price issues between my order agreement in September and price whenever it gets delivered (was built / mixed last weekend)?
yes. Paid MSRP if that’s what you mean

you’ll still get all the normal pitches for add-ons

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
yes. Paid MSRP if that’s what you mean

you’ll still get all the normal pitches for add-ons
I am curious with the MSRP increases between the order agreement and (guessing two?) months for delivery; if you had to deal with any Ford mailed Rebates 90 days after purchase or if they took it off right at the dealership?

Would you recommend your salesperson? My original person no longer works there so currently with Gordon Lambert “New Cars Sales Director”.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I am curious with the MSRP increases between the order agreement and (guessing two?) months for delivery; if you had to deal with any Ford mailed Rebates 90 days after purchase or if they took it off right at the dealership?

Would you recommend your salesperson? My original person no longer works there so currently with Gordon Lambert “New Cars Sales Director”.
Ah, my purchase was pre MSRP increases. I didn’t have to contend with it.

Gordon is the head guy, and I’ve found him to be simultaneously kind and old school car sales person trust but verify. In all, I think there are far worse folks than Gordon to deal with.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I saw a black lightning this morning in downtown Austin. I got so excited that when I thought he was passing me, I gave a thumbs up to a random SUV. Then I realized that he was taking the exit behind me. He had a soft camper shell on the back and a license plate that read, "FORD EV." I was the goofy guy on an electric motorcycle flashing thumbs-ups everywhere.

Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is going to be my lightning spotting thread until an owner responds to one my sightings. I was out running (I use that term loosely because I'm old and out of shape) in a golf community in north Round Rock called Teravista when I saw a black lightning drive by. I waved.

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I bought my Anti Matter Blue Lariat in Feb from Lief Johnson on Koenig. I live in the Lost Creek area. i now have 4000 miles on it. Towing a 6000 lb single axle box trailer is great on this beast. Love the truck and take full advantage of the Pro Power outlets in the bed to run my chop saw, compressor, and my trusty circular saw. My son is looking forward to using it when tailgating season starts. Hah!

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
I bought my Anti Matter Blue Lariat in Feb from Lief Johnson on Koenig.
Any lessons learned working with them on fees, ADMs' or otherwise? I am getting close to purchase and know I already have to working through the MSRP increases since last September.

Ford F-150 Lightning Austin owners Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 11.38.45 AM

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
I just wanted to say I had a good experience with Leif Johnson downtown. Salesman Tom Bob and EV coordinator Wesley were easy to work with. Tom was very non pressure tactics and Wesley knew the in and outs of the Ford system. There was small tiny pressure on the truck accessories, but nothing a simple no thank you didn’t take care of.

All the price adjustments were taken off and not expected to pay over order; they managed the rebates with Ford. I did want to remove the $500 EVSE I opted for, but they said they didn’t have a use for it either so it stayed with the order.

STXLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tundra
Any lessons learned working with them on fees, ADMs' or otherwise? I am getting close to purchase and know I already have to working through the MSRP increases since last September.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 11.38.45 AM.png
Picked up my avalanche Lariat ER on Saturday. Tom Bobb was a good guy to work with. Leif Johnson does not add any adm.

Sponsored

jameyo

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Not Austin but close enough. I live in New Braunfels and am (I think) the second Lightning owner in town. My next door neighbor said he saw one the week before I picked mine up. I got my '23 Metallic Azure Blue Lariat ER from Maxwell the Friday before Memorial Day and immediately took it to Houston. My profile pic is the truck at COTA, where I work part-time. Main job is in Seguin, so you might catch me zipping between home and work on 46 most weekdays. Just got back from a road trip to El Paso which I'm planning to write up for the road trip report section of this forum. It was an interesting experience. I'm up for any meetups or EV shows y'all hear about.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saw a Lariat with company emblems on it in downtown Austin today.
Ford F-150 Lightning Austin owners PXL_20230814_171406889

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Not Austin but close enough. I live in New Braunfels and am (I think) the second Lightning owner in town. My next door neighbor said he saw one the week before I picked mine up. I got my '23 Metallic Azure Blue Lariat ER from Maxwell the Friday before Memorial Day and immediately took it to Houston. My profile pic is the truck at COTA, where I work part-time. Main job is in Seguin, so you might catch me zipping between home and work on 46 most weekdays. Just got back from a road trip to El Paso which I'm planning to write up for the road trip report section of this forum. It was an interesting experience. I'm up for any meetups or EV shows y'all hear about.
I live in s Austin but bought my Lariat in New Braunfels at Bluebonnet a couple weeks ago! Really curious to hear about your trip to el paso and charging cause I am planning a trip to Phoenix in September. coming from tesla I am a little nervous about the ccs charging situation...Plug share seems to inidicate things are ok for the most part between SA and El Paso, but always nice to hear more data points!

jameyo

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Instructional Designer
I live in s Austin but bought my Lariat in New Braunfels at Bluebonnet a couple weeks ago! Really curious to hear about your trip to el paso and charging cause I am planning a trip to Phoenix in September. coming from tesla I am a little nervous about the ccs charging situation...Plug share seems to inidicate things are ok for the most part between SA and El Paso, but always nice to hear more data points!
Sure! I'll try not to derail the thread. I'll give you my general impressions and you can message me for more detail or questions.

I'd love to know about your experience buying at Bluebonnet. They did not impress me when I first went in to talk to them about the Lightning. It made me go elsewhere and my wife liked Maxwell, so we bought her Mach-E there and I just let it roll.

Going to EP was straightforward. The stops are pretty much pre-determined in that those are the only towns of any size along the way. Tesla has superchargers in each of those towns as well but in different locations. In fact, we convoyed with my daughter's Model Y and my son-in-law was far more into the numbers than me. No significant range anxiety on the trip; the Lightning handles the distances great. The only thing I'd watch out for is wind. The charging situation, however... Junction was fine despite the negative comments on PlugShare, Ozona was okay, Ft. Stockton's EA charger is at the Walmart and is pretty tight. I talked to some employees about possibly moving the cart carrel that's right across from it. Van Horn is pretty janky but the El Paso EA charger is absolutely sub-standard. Only one charger really works and there's a lot of traffic. It's the only place I had to wait. I reviewed all the sites on PlugShare. Message me if you have questions or want more info.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Sure! I'll try not to derail the thread. I'll give you my general impressions and you can message me for more detail or questions.

I'd love to know about your experience buying at Bluebonnet. They did not impress me when I first went in to talk to them about the Lightning. It made me go elsewhere and my wife liked Maxwell, so we bought her Mach-E there and I just let it roll.

Going to EP was straightforward. The stops are pretty much pre-determined in that those are the only towns of any size along the way. Tesla has superchargers in each of those towns as well but in different locations. In fact, we convoyed with my daughter's Model Y and my son-in-law was far more into the numbers than me. No significant range anxiety on the trip; the Lightning handles the distances great. The only thing I'd watch out for is wind. The charging situation, however... Junction was fine despite the negative comments on PlugShare, Ozona was okay, Ft. Stockton's EA charger is at the Walmart and is pretty tight. I talked to some employees about possibly moving the cart carrel that's right across from it. Van Horn is pretty janky but the El Paso EA charger is absolutely sub-standard. Only one charger really works and there's a lot of traffic. It's the only place I had to wait. I reviewed all the sites on PlugShare. Message me if you have questions or want more info.
Thanks for the info! I have looked at the route a good bit and ya, no real options, was more curious about the experiences at the actual chargers. Your info seems to jive with what I am generally seeing. Can't wait for the Tesla adapters (of course they won't work on a bunch of those older superchargers along I-10 apparently!) Would really hate to just get stuck somewhere.

Bluebonnet was fine for me, no complaints. I came across a truck they were showing in inventory online and just messaged them through the website and asked if it was available and if there were any markups. To my surprise they got back quickly and said it was available and that it was 1,000 off msrp. I said I wasn't crazy about black and they said they had a grey one, same spec and price more or less. This was a Sat at like 6 pm, drove it home the following Mon evening.
Sponsored