• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Did Bluecruise get deleted?

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered a Lariat ER but when I looked on my order page it only says, "Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0". The Ford configurator selects "Ford Bluecruise 1.0 with Active Park Assist 2.0 and Phone As a Key with Tow Technology Package" when you configure a Lariat with an ER battery. When you look at the description for the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0" option it doesn't even mention Bluecruise.

I know there has been some discussion about PAAK being deleted from people's orders but Bluecruise not showing up on my order really concerns me. Having Bluecruise was a major perk allowing me to justify paying the extra money for the ER battery. With all the other deletions, losing Bluecruise might be just a bit too much.

Does anyone know if not having Bluecruise on my order form is something I need to worry about or do you think Bluecruise will show up on the truck when delivered even though it's not listed on the order form?
Sponsored

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
Nope. Still there. It just came on my recently delivered 2023 Lariat. Works like a charm. Ford’s systems are all over the place right now. As long as you’ve got the Assist 2.0 I believe that means you’ve got BlueCruise as well. Otherwise you’d just have Co-Pilot 360. They may also be updating their systems as BlueCruise 2.0 is coming out soon…

OP
OP

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Nope. Still there. It just came on my recently delivered 2023 Lariat. Works like a charm. Ford’s systems are all over the place right now. As long as you’ve got the Assist 2.0 I believe that means you’ve got BlueCruise as well. Otherwise you’d just have Co-Pilot 360. They may also be updating their systems as BlueCruise 2.0 is coming out soon…
I would really like to believe you but your statement does not agree with the Ford website. I really am going to need some official conformation before I sign on the dotted line.

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR

Thebear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT PB | 2023 Lightning Lariat
I’m sure you can talk with the dealer and verify. Unfortunately it doesn’t get activated until you setup FordPass so you can’t really try it out until you activate everything in the truck.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
I would really like to believe you but your statement does not agree with the Ford website. I really am going to need some official conformation before I sign on the dotted line.
I would suggest you talk with your dealership and get a detailed order confirmation. The online configuration quote was about $2k less than my build invoice from the dealership (many here who selected the same options had the same experience).

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Did you order the 511A? Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like when I ordered mine, I could do a 510 with the ER battery. I don't see this option any longer.

BlueCrusie is part of the Active 2.0 package. This is something I can't live without after having it on my 2021.

Ford F-150 Lightning Did Bluecruise get deleted? 1672100141695

This is what my ford order page thing looks like:

Ford F-150 Lightning Did Bluecruise get deleted? 1672100239233

It should also be on the order confirmation you received from your dealer.

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
Assist is not Bluecruise. Active is Bluecruise. Assist requires the hands on wheel at all times. Something is definitely up with Ford and Bluecruise though, because your post had me check my window sticker for my Lightning which is being manufactured next week and it has "
"FORD BLUECRUISE 1.0 (3 YRS)" listed and it's a Lariat ER. Did last year's models have Bluecruise 2.0? It looks like the difference between the two is Active Park Assist, which only came with Bluecruise 2.0. Anyone know any other differences? Bummer to lose active park assist, but it is a lot better than losing bluecruise altogether.

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I have active park assist. Blue cruse 2.0 doesn't exists. There is a BlueCruise 1.2 that is in the pipes for the Mach E that will allow for lane change and make it stop hugging the sides when larger vehicles are present. No lightening's are on tap for that yet as far as I know.

As far as active park assist Ford's price and build are still showing it as included.

I have a 21 PB with active park assist and its utter junk.

Sponsored

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Thank you. I think I will pass.
I consider myself an elite parallel parker and it does a better job than I could ever do. It’ll get close to cars and curbs but it will never hit them. I’ve never had it not work on the first try. Trust it. Highly recommend!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I consider myself an elite parallel parker and it does a better job than I could ever do. It’ll get close to cars and curbs but it will never hit them. I’ve never had it not work on the first try. Trust it. Highly recommend!
I will think about it. I got very nervous when I bought my Volvo V90 wagon and the dealer demonstrated it to me. Like you said, it came real close to hitting the new cars - but did not.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Here is a quick youtube - this guy has had far more success than I ever will lol

(34) 2021 Ford F-150 Platinum Active Park Assist 2.0 DEMO - YouTube

basically it parks the truck for you.
I had a pretty negative impression of the park assist the few times I've tried it, and I thought that a video of somebody showing it off might convince me to give it another chance. But that video does a great job of demonstrating all the things wrong with the park assist. Didn't find the spot he wanted on the first try.... Takes forever. Goes super slow and annoys everybody around you. Gives you a heart attack when it's risking your and other people's vehicles without your control. Requires you to hold the button for some reason. And then in the best case scenario it leaves you parked in a space that's tighter than you want to be in, practically inviting people to whang your doors with their doors.

This is what we got instead of flying cars.
Sponsored