• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Did they mess up the frunk opening?

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The more I use it, the more I think someone at Ford made a simple error when programming the frunk opening sequence.

Opening sequence.
1) Unlatch
2) Beep 3 times
3) Opening motion

Closing sequence.
1) Beep 3 times AND close at the same time
2) Latch closed.

When you think about it the closing sequence makes perfect sense, it is beeping while it is in motion. The opening sequence beeps when the lid is not even moving. Also its arguable that closing is the only movement that would pose any safety risk by closing on someone's hand or head. This is not even to mention that many cars have no sound when operating powered trunks/hatches.

@Ford Motor Company , please address this! ;)
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
What about warning you that you forgot to take your coffee cup or Super Big Gulp off of the frunk before it starts opening? Probably the reason for the beeps before it starts moving.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
What about warning you that you forgot to take your coffee cup or Super Big Gulp off of the frunk before it starts opening? Probably the reason for the beeps before it starts moving.
I think that's the reason. I was here to say 'mega-expensive phone on Power Mega Frunk', but same point.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I don't find it messed up.

Works for what I need to do and the opening beeps are a nice reminder to check your overhead space to make sure you are not opening up the frunk when there might be an obstruction.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I need to apply rubber or foam corner protectors to the bottom outside corner edges of my front grill. Those corners have caught my noggin twice while placing stuff in the frunk. I don't need any more dimples in my scalp.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
The frunk is a little annoying with its loud beeping and delay in opening, but if I'm choosing my top 10 things to change about the truck, the frunk's behavior doesn't make the list.

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Opening sequence.
1) Unlatch
2) Beep 3 times
3) Opening motion

Closing sequence.
1) Beep 3 times AND close at the same time
2) Latch closed.

@Ford Motor Company , please address this! ;)
Careful what you ask for. If Ford changes this, it will be to make closing the same as opening. Not to make it behave how you want. :)

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I find this a good thing. Lets say you are in a low parking garage, or even your garage at home. If you open up the front, even accidentally, it will still play this audible alert. If you react to it quick enough, I believe you can stop it in motion before it gets damaged.
Sponsored