• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

3 honks when opening frunk

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
After the recent update when opening the frunk I get startled by 3 loud honks spread out 2 seconds apart. This is in addition to the incessant beeping noise. I had my truck on remote start to precool the interior. Please tell me Ford didn't decide to add yet more unnecessary noise pollution to my neighborhood. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch?
Sponsored

Last edited:

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
After the recent update when opening the frunk I get startled by 3 loud honks spread out 2 seconds apart. This is in addition to the incessant beeping noise. I had my truck on remote start to precool the interior. Please tell me Ford didn't decide to add yet more unnecessary noise pollution to my neighborhood. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch?
I know when my truck has been remote started and running, when opening the trunk, it shuts off (stupid). But I've never dealt with it honking at me when doing so, I usually just hear the contactors click off. If this is really the new behavior, I am 100% not updating anytime soon. (I'm still on 4.1.1)

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If there's any more reports of this, I'm never updating again lol
Exactly. It just seems like they keep making the software worse. Yeah there have been a few improvements, but they also made the GOM less accurate, they added louder chimes for the frunk for some reason, and now apparently more honking? Honestly, I'm on 4.1.1 and it works just fine for me, I think I'd be fine never updating again. They'll have to fix a lot and add something really good to ever compel me to reconnect my modem and update ever again.

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Exactly. It just seems like they keep making the software worse. Yeah there have been a few improvements, but they also made the GOM less accurate, they added louder chimes for the frunk for some reason, and now apparently more honking? Honestly, I'm on 4.1.1 and it works just fine for me, I think I'd be fine never updating again. They'll have to fix a lot and add something really good to ever compel me to reconnect my modem and update ever again.
You physically disconnected your modem? Why would you do this and lose all of your remote app smart features. Honks from the vehicles standard horn is definitely not right and would never be programmed. Something is wrong.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You physically disconnected your modem? Why would you do this and lose all of your remote app smart features. Honks from the vehicles standard horn is definitely not right and would never be programmed. Something is wrong.
I don't and have never used the FordPass app or any connected features and as I've explained in other posts I keep my TCU disconnected unless I'm trying to update the truck, for privacy and primarily cybersecurity reasons.

I hope you're right, but I wouldn't put it past Ford to add some random honks.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Ive had three honks when closing my power tailgate many times from the fob remote, it honks then reverses. My frunk has not done this..yet.
I’ve had quite a few frunk malfunctions and not opening or closing however requiring the use of the emergency pull release which is just random enough to not take it in.
I can push the tailgate clise button inside truck and the tailgates works as designed, the fob button not always…..Keep in mind I know I’m talking about my tailgate not the frunk.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
WOW! You didn't download fordpass???
Are you hearing the jaws drop as they read that?
I think it would be an interesting poll on how many use fordpass both on ev forums and ice forums.
I would bet far more ev drivers than ice.
Apps are for the app creator not the one that downloads it. A free gift and or a convenience, and they have got your info to use as they wish.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WOW! You didn't download fordpass???
Are you hearing the jaws drop as they read that?
I think it would be an interesting poll on how many use fordpass both on ev forums and ice forums.
I would bet far more ev drivers than ice.
Apps are for the app creator not the one that downloads it. A free gift and or a convenience, and they have got your info to use as they wish.
"If something is free, chances are you're the product."
Sponsored