• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dimming Tow Mirrors Question

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Working on an order for a 2022 4WB SCrew Lariat PB F-150. Down to a few minor decisions.

Background.
Lariat comes standard with power-folding, auto-dimming driver's side mirror (unfortunate that the passenger side mirror does not dim, IMO - like seriously Ford, that's where you're trying to save the pennies?). I digress. Given that I'm adding the Trailer Tow package (53A), I have the option of upgrading from the standard side mirrors to the Trailer Tow side mirrors (54W).

Question.
The Trailer Tow driver's side mirror is also auto-dimming for Lariat trim and above. Do both parts of the driver's side Trailer Tow mirror - i.e., the top mirror and the bottom mirror - auto-dim? Or is it only one part of the side mirror?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I believe only the top portion autodims.

I also agree that for an msrp of $60-70k, a lariat should absolutely come with an auto passenger dimming mirror too.

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I believe only the top portion autodims.

I also agree that for an msrp of $60-70k, a lariat should absolutely come with an auto passenger dimming mirror too.
What's the point of auto-dimming if only half the side-mirror is dim?

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Only the drivers side main mirror dims. The rest do not.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

Sponsored
OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Something is better than nothing, I guess.

Now the decision:

(1) Standard mirror size, dimming rear + driver’s side mirror, with non-dimming passenger side mirror, or…

(2) Trailer Tow mirror size, dimming rear + dimming top of driver’s side mirror, with non-dimming bottom of driver’s size mirror and non-dimming passenger side mirror.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Now the decision:

(1) Standard mirror size, dimming rear + driver’s side mirror, with non-dimming passenger side mirror, or…

(2) Trailer Tow mirror size, dimming rear + dimming top of driver’s side mirror, with non-dimming bottom of driver’s size mirror and non-dimming passenger side mirror.
Tow mirrors are great

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I love having tow mirrors. Being able to see in the distance and my back tires at the same time is a big deal. Having the 6.5 bed parking downtown can suck, and being able to see exactly where I put my back tires can make a tight parking spot more feasible. Yes I have the 360 camera system but it rains here often and the back/side cameras are typically of minimal use/obstructed.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic

Now the decision:

The bottom part of the tow mirror while not dimming, should not be in a position reflect trailing lights. If it is, then you are just using it as a regular mirror to the extent that it’s parabolic .
Sponsored