• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dirty Tailgate

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Hello,
I've owned a 2015 F150 KR and a 21 F150 Lariat in the past but I've noticed that my 2022 Lightning Lariat's tailgate get VERY dirty from road spray. Has anyone else notice a difference in this? Just curious.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Not sure if it is any worse than my previous truck BUT Iā€™m not sure I like my new colorā€¦Antimatter Blue with POLLEN ā€¦..uuuuggghhhhh

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No different than any other truck.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Don't look at my current car, it's got an extra clear coat of dirt and pollen šŸ˜†. (Texas so no salt)

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Hello,
I've owned a 2015 F150 KR and a 21 F150 Lariat in the past but I've noticed that my 2022 Lightning Lariat's tailgate get VERY dirty from road spray. Has anyone else notice a difference in this? Just curious.

Thanks, Sponsored
I had a 2018 Lariat, a 2021 Platinum, and now the 2022 Lightning Lariat. I believe the large Platinum metal plate seemed to show more dirt than the the two Lariats.

Sponsored

tenkil622

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if it is any worse than my previous truck BUT Iā€™m not sure I like my new colorā€¦Antimatter Blue with POLLEN ā€¦..uuuuggghhhhh
I also have the Antimatter Blue and yes the pollen certainly does distract from its appearance. So much so that I take the truck to our local car wash almost every other day. The unlimited wash membership has already paid for itself. That said, the Antimatter Blue paint job always looks great. It reads blue metal flake in the bright sunlight and deep blue in late afternoon. I've received quite a few compliments on the Lightning's color.....at least when it's clean.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
For sure, AMB rocks but I always want to detail the truck cause in the sunlight, that color is just amazing when clean. I put a ceramic coating on it and love it with the right maintenance. Really want the mirror caps and door handles for my XLT though.

Mark Fox

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1948 F-1, 2019 F-150
Occupation
Retired
Hey, that has been my color for the past month! (michigan)

Rolokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I also have the Antimatter Blue and yes the pollen certainly does distract from its appearance. So much so that I take the truck to our local car wash almost every other day. The unlimited wash membership has already paid for itself. That said, the Antimatter Blue paint job always looks great. It reads blue metal flake in the bright sunlight and deep blue in late afternoon. I've received quite a few compliments on the Lightning's color.....at least when it's clean.
been kinda nervous to get unlimited membership to quick quack even tho I had with my last truck and it was fine... but the antimatter blue seems like it would show swirl marks pretty easily. Are you going to touch or touchless?

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
been kinda nervous to get unlimited membership to quick quack even tho I had with my last truck and it was fine... but the antimatter blue seems like it would show swirl marks pretty easily. Are you going to touch or touchless?
It does not. Living in the woods of NH, I come out sometimes and I forget my truck is blue because of the pollen. I get it washed every other week and it doesn't swirl.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Yah. But then I got my truck washed, next to Max-D!
Sponsored