• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disabling Reverse Beep and Droning Sound

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
If anyone else hates the backup and other fake noises the truck makes, you can grab a bypass kit here:

https://www.megaohmmotorsports.com/product/ford-psbk-ece

The forscan method is a bit of a hack, the dealers will still see "silent codes" that the speaker is not operating whereas the bypass actually makes the truck think the speaker is installed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PopsGG

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
If anyone else hates the backup and other fake noises the truck makes, you can grab a bypass kit here:

Happy customer here, well done product. It includes a 3D printed cover for the connectors to the speaker to protect them from the elements.

To anyone with safety concerns, even with this product installed the vehicle still makes a lot of noise. Due to the lack of a belt attached to an idle engine, if you have the AC on or the batteries/motor need any sort of temperature regulation, the fan is quite loud and can be heard from a distance. Its just not an artificially generated noise.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Happy customer here, well done product. It includes a 3D printed cover for the connectors to the speaker to protect them from the elements.

To anyone with safety concerns, even with this product installed the vehicle still makes a lot of noise. Due to the lack of a belt attached to an idle engine, if you have the AC on or the batteries/motor need any sort of temperature regulation, the fan is quite loud and can be heard from a distance. Its just not an artificially generated noise.
Glad you're loving the product! And you're right, I'd much rather have the natural vehicle noises which are very tolerable than some obvious fake noise.

Wheelist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 2020 F-350
That looks to be the same speaker as in the Mach E. I pulled the speaker apart and plugged a resistor between the terminals and put everything back together. Easily reversible and costs nothing but a 2 cent resistor and a couple of push on terminals. Works great. I don’t remember the exact resistor I used but I think it was around 1.5k ohm. Doesn’t have to be exact.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs

The forscan method is a bit of a hack, the dealers will still see "silent codes" that the speaker is not operating whereas the bypass actually makes the truck think the speaker is installed.
I just installed your product and am happy to have the reverse droning deleted without the vehicle noticing.

I'll mention that after installation I was getting an active air dam failure alarm (after getting up to highway speeds) and was concerned. I quickly realized that I had secured the device with included zip tie to a component with holes in it that is actually the air dam. I re-secured another way (not straight forward on best thing to do with resulting dongle) and all seems well.

Sponsored

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning, Hyundai Sonata

I installed your product over the weekend. It worked for the reversing beep but I still hear the fake electric motor sound when I accelerate/brake going forward. I know it is fake since I do not hear the same sound at similar speeds when backing up, tested this in an empty parking lot. Is there a second speaker that makes the fake sound when accelerating or (regenerative) braking? Will this product work on that second speaker too if there is one?

Last edited:

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I installed your product over the weekend. It worked for the reversing beep but I still hear the fake electric motor sound when I accelerate/brake going forward. I know it is fake since I do not hear the same sound at similar speeds when backing up, tested this in an empty parking lot. Is there a second speaker that makes the fake sound when accelerating or (regenerative) braking? Will this product work on that second speaker too if there is one?
There is a fake interior noise that mimics an engine that can be disabled via the Sync menu.

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is a fake interior noise that mimics an engine that can be disabled via the Sync menu.
I have the pro and could not find the setting anywhere. Will try to look for it again. Thanks for the input.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have the pro and could not find the setting anywhere. Will try to look for it again. Thanks for the input.
I believe this is something available in high trim Lariats, and on the Platinum.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Page 303 describes it as "propulsion sound". In Sport Mode it states it is louder, but I can't find reference where you can shut it off in the Manual. There is a note that Propulsion sound may not be available for all trim levels.

Sponsored

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No option for propulsion sounds in the pro trim. I wonder if someone has had success to turn this off using forscan.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
It's only on the Platinum trim. Lariats do not have propulsion sound.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
There's no engine sound, but I definitely have a sound when accelerating from a stop and decelerating to a stop. I hear it typically <15mph, sounds like a turbine spinning up/down. I think that is what @spadesaspade is referring to.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It's only on the Platinum trim. Lariats do not have propulsion sound.
That is an interior noise, not an exterior noise.
The exterior low speed pedestrian warning sounds are federally mandated for any hybrid or EV that will drive without the ice motor running.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
OH OK, I was actually responding to TheBigBezo, "There is a fake interior noise that mimics an engine that can be disabled via the Sync menu." I thought the discussion was about the selectable propulsion sound in the Platinum trim, not the normal droning noise outside of the truck.
Sponsored