• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dynamic blending headlamps are impressive

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I'm posting here because I consider it a driving aid. Is anyone else impressed with the headlights? The truck I've been driving was a 2011 so maybe I'm easily impressed. For years I've wondered why the headlamps can't adjust to turn direction. May city driving you don't notice it, but out on the farm roads I've been very impressed with what the "dynamic blending headlamps" do for visibility.
The only other thread I could find was pre-delivery. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/adaptive-headlights.9255/

To confirm, the headlamps do really help around corners. At least I'm very impressed with them.
Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I've had my truck for 9 days. I have not driven at night so I have yet to appreciate them. But I am interested to see what they do. I find most vehicle headlights to be, lackluster at best.

My '15 F-150 with the LED headlights was impressive as hell with making things visible, so this should be very interesting - I guess I'm like you Avocado and I'm easily impressed.

So far I haven't found anything I don't like about the truck except that the frunk is a bit temperamental and the dizzying options to turn on or off is just bewildering.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I'm posting here because I consider it a driving aid. Is anyone else impressed with the headlights? The truck I've been driving was a 2011 so maybe I'm easily impressed. For years I've wondered why the headlamps can't adjust to turn direction. May city driving you don't notice it, but out on the farm roads I've been very impressed with what the "dynamic blending headlamps" do for visibility.
The only other thread I could find was pre-delivery. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/adaptive-headlights.9255/

To confirm, the headlamps do really help around corners. At least I'm very impressed with them.
Good to hear that Ford has incorporated Euro tech headlights.

Hope it's bright enough because American cars are known for less than stellar light lumens.

BTW: I have had many BMWs since the early 2000s with active bending lights, cornering lamps and dynamic Xenon & LED turn lights.

webspoke

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning! F450, GT500
The dynamic headlights function well, but my '22 superduty fixed led lights are brighter and have more range on our dark country roads.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I've had my truck for 9 days. I have not driven at night so I have yet to appreciate them. But I am interested to see what they do. I find most vehicle headlights to be, lackluster at best.

My '15 F-150 with the LED headlights was impressive as hell with making things visible, so this should be very interesting - I guess I'm like you Avocado and I'm easily impressed.

So far I haven't found anything I don't like about the truck except that the frunk is a bit temperamental and the dizzying options to turn on or off is just bewildering.
Whole lot of learning and not enough alone time in vehicle to accomplish it.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
The dynamic headlights function well, but my '22 superduty fixed led lights are brighter and have more range on our dark country roads.
Well the coyotes are definitely visible now. Also could be the truck is so quiet.

juddisjudd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Honda Odyssey
Are the adaptive beam forming headlights enabled by default? I saw in some forums that we may need to enable them with a tool?

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Are the adaptive beam forming headlights enabled by default? I saw in some forums that we may need to enable them with a tool?
The adaptive beam forming just worked. I didn’t do anything.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
You should notice at night, when you start the truck if the headlights are pointing at a wall, you'll see the beam moving forna moment.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I had this kind of light on my 2011 VW Touareg, 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar, and 2015 VW Touareg. I can't wait to have it on my Lightning. Yes, it's supposed to be included on the PRO model.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
They are very cool, have had them on other cars, but what REALLY impressed me was my first gyroscopically controlled headlight on a motorcycle that both compensates for cornering and leaning the bike over in a turn. BMW has this tech, not sure if any others.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Good to hear that Ford has incorporated Euro tech headlights.

Hope it's bright enough because American cars are known for less than stellar light lumens.

BTW: I have had many BMWs since the early 2000s with active bending lights, cornering lamps and dynamic Xenon & LED turn lights.
My understanding is that these are not the Euro tech headlights that were recently approved, but for which regulations still need to be written. As a result, they would just be LED active bending headlights. In simple terms, the Euro tech headlights would automatically adjust the high beam so that it did not blind oncoming traffic - something we do not have. The closest we get is automatic high beams that turn on and off depending upon, among other things: a) the level of ambient darkness, b) the presence of oncoming traffic and c) the presence of traffic in front of you.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
I agree. The dynamic headlamps are great. Every time I drive with my wife at night I say how cool they are. Based on her look last night I may have commented one too many times. 😂

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I agree. The dynamic headlamps are great. Every time I drive with my wife at night I say how cool they are. Based on her look last night I may have commented one too many times. 😂
I do the same thing (not the lights, because I don't have my truck yet 😔), but redundantly repetitive comments are not unheard of. ....
You see dear, man-splaining is short for man explaining....
Sponsored