• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
I have the eibachs as well. Up 2.9" in the front, no change to the rear. But because the front is up 2.9, the tailgate is actually 3/4" lower due to the rake being gone from the truck.

You can adjust the clips on the eibach shocks to have less lift and put a little rake back into it if you want.
Did you put in longer control arms or anything else other than the shocks to achieve the leveled lift in the front?
Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
All these suspensions in SoCal.

We gonna have a get together to compare rides?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I think the reason we have a sloppy front is the rated 400 lbs of weight capacity for the front truck.

I wonder if by changing these struts, we will create an issue if we ever add "heavy" load (more than 100 lbs). Also, as a note, that the the platinum models have a different spring than the rest of the lineup. I think could that could also have to do with the extra weight of the components.
Wait, is this confirmed? Do the platinum trucks really have different coil springs?

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Yes.

Front Coil:

PRO/XLT/Lariat
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.73
Rate (lb./in.): 543

Platinum
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.75
Rate (lb./in.): 600

Rear Coil:

PRO/XLT/Lariat
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.69
Rate (lb./in.): 251

Platinum
Wire Dia (Inches): 0.70
Rate (lb./in.): 280

Source:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/downloads/2022 F-150 Lightning eSourceBook.pdf
Damn, that's wild. So I mean I know the platinums have or at least had massage seats with lay flat functionality, but do we know what else is that much heavier inside the cab? More sound deadening or something?

Lolat

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2023 Volvo PHEV, 2000 Mercedes SL
Occupation
Retired
I’m looking to LOWER front be up to 2”. Have lowered rear with their shocks, but cannot seem to find combination si,liar front lowering. Any updates in this area?

OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Ok I’ve had the shocks on a couple days now. They are fantastic and what I was hoping for. I went with a 1 inch lift in the front and kept the rear at stock height. However, it does appear the rear is a tad lower than before, maybe half inch lower in rear wheel well to tire distance. The dreaded old bed bounce is gone in the front. The only real con is you feel the small bumps on the road a bit more. But everything else feels better. Turning, off-roading, hitting curbs: all super plush now. There is a little whooped out trail near my house and I can go twice as fast now. Amazing. Just so much sportier and confidence inspiring now. Can’t wait to tow my trailer and rip around in the desert. Thank you Eibach!
Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach shocks for Lightning is live on their website! 8454FDEB-F0A5-4FC9-A1BE-68BE531FAF04
Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach shocks for Lightning is live on their website! 4B549C7F-38F8-4856-9802-FD6B33C89543

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
One thing to note is that your Onboard scales will no longer work, at least with my Prototypes. Thank you @Whammy Bar for reminding me of this.

Both lowering and lift will affect the onboard scales, we currently don’t have a solution to adjust them. It may be possible to correct it with and adjustable link to the sensor, outside of a mechanical solution we have no way of doing anything electronically here

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
One thing to note is that your Onboard scales will no longer work, at least with my Prototypes. Thank you @Whammy Bar for reminding me of this.

Both lowering and lift will affect the onboard scales, we currently don’t have a solution to adjust them. It may be possible to correct it with and adjustable link to the sensor, outside of a mechanical solution we have no way of doing anything electronically here
All 7 people with onboard scales in tears.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Does anyone actually need their scales, or is it more of a cool feature to have. So many times I've had the truck loaded, and remember I should have checked the weight only after I've unloaded. Not that I need to know, but just for the novelty of it.

Personally, losing scales would be a small price to pay for a lowered Lighting!

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Does anyone actually need their scales, or is it more of a cool feature to have. So many times I've had the truck loaded, and remember I should have checked the weight only after I've unloaded. Not that I need to know, but just for the novelty of it.

Personally, losing scales would be a small price to pay for a lowered Lighting!
I actually use it quite often during harvest (avocado, grapes) I mean it would ruin me to lose it, but very convenient functionality.
Sponsored