• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electricity America and overall charging Epic Fail

sen7inel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, Model Y
Occupation
IT
Not trying to rip on you, but your blanket statement is not accurate. I have driven large swaths of the American west, American midwest, and American southwest in an CCS compatible EV and have NEVER been stranded. For the past 3 years I have done a once ever other month drive between Denver and Scottsdale in either an Audi e-Tron or a Porsche Taycan have never had an issue. I am on a current trip right now and had the best charging experiences to date on Electrify America. While I have had my Lightning Lariat for 3 months now, I have used it primarily as a side hustle vehicle. When the weather warms up a little, and I put on different tires, I am looking forward to road tripping in the rig.

This picture below was taken last Saturday in Trinidad, CO and is the best charging experience I have had in three years on the EA network. I will not see these charging speeds in my Lightning, but the picture below is a testament to how well Electrify America can work. Obviously, Electrify America is not perfect, and we need greater map coverage, but it is not as bad as people claim it to be. This picture was taken last Saturday in Trinidad, CO and is the fastest charging experience I have had in three years on the EA network.
I'm glad your experience has been a positive one. And perhaps my 'blanket statement' is only the size of the northeast, but in the congested Connecticut - Virginia I95 corridor, the times I traveled fast-charging equipment reliability has been at best hit or miss or often all were in use (or worse, where you're stuck waiting forever to charge yet the app says the charger's available). Speaking of, the whole use this app not that app, don't use the gps in your car or truck, pre-plan here instead is a bit amateur hour. None of which bodes well for taking a long distance trip in your (non Tesla) EV as things are today. I'm skeptical Tesla will ever allow other EVs on their network (why would they give up THE advantage they have on every other competitor) but that's another topic altogether and only time will tell.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
What do people generally think of EVGo’s system? I’ve primarily used EA and the reliability sucks, the lockouts happen and are frustrating, but the pricing structure is dead simple to understand.

I tried to use an EVGo and…I’m not good enough if at math to figure out which plan I need to be on. So despite downloading the app, I just continued on to the nearest EA.
I haven’t been able to EVGo to activate. Ordered a card, still can’t get it to activate.
Sponsored