• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
As an MBA, you should go back and read the entire post. It noted very clearly that research was done by EA with consumers. Therefore, they are listening.

Have a good one.
They can listen all they want..but if they didn't ask the right questions they aren't going to get the right answer.

I'll use your example...

If you simply asked a consumer panel..would you be more inclined to buy this product made in the USA or made in China and didn't mention price..what do you think the answer would be?

Now if you mentioned price the answer would(could be different). Yet you could very confidently say that you did "market research" the first time and it concluded people want stuff made in the USA!!

Maybe they did ask about color, maybe not. The point is it is pretty dismissive just to throw people's suggestions under the bus thinking they must have researched that.

Mild rant-- people driving the EV revolution thinking that what appeals to early adopters and tech geeks is going to appeal or resonate with a large chunk of America. Expecting mass adoption while talking in terms mike 150Kw and 400v is not going to be succeed IMO. The company that makes the transition and understandable will win the prize...
Sponsored

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
They can listen all they want..but if they didn't ask the right questions they aren't going to get the right answer.

I'll use your example...

If you simply asked a consumer panel..would you be more inclined to buy this product made in the USA or made in China and didn't mention price..what do you think the answer would be?

Now if you mentioned price the answer would(could be different). Yet you could very confidently say that you did "market research" the first time and it concluded people want stuff made in the USA!!

Maybe they did ask about color, maybe not. The point is it is pretty dismissive just to throw people's suggestions under the bus thinking they must have researched that.

Mild rant-- people driving the EV revolution thinking that what appeals to early adopters and tech geeks is going to appeal or resonate with a large chunk of America. Expecting mass adoption while talking in terms mike 150Kw and 400v is not going to be succeed IMO. The company that makes the transition and understandable will win the prize...
Never threw anyone under the bus. I just stated that everything that any company launches has critics, no matter what it is, and those critics often assume that the company has no idea what it's doing because they don't agree with it.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Even with these stickers it's impossible to differentiate 150 kW and 350 kW from a distance and that makes it difficult to target the correct charger when pulling in. The chargers are 8 foot tall monoliths and there's no reason why they can't put color coding or signage near the top of the pedestals so you can target the correct charger.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The 150 and 350 should be different colors to tell them apart from a distance.

I bet they kept them similar colors to prevent people who don't know better always grabbing the 350kW, whether they need one or not. Everyone on this forum is pretty knowledgeable about the difference but I suspect the great majority of EV drivers have no clue about the difference between 150/350 and would assume that 350 will charge faster regardless of what kind of vehicle they drive.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I said to put a roof over them.

If you can't read 50 or 150 or 350 then why are you on the road at all? They have busses for those folks. Get in the front row and see the road too.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Personally I just wanted them to have a more obvious label for which charging station number you are at! Basically the stations I've been to you can only tell if you look at the last digits at the very top, but it took me a bit the first time I ever used an EA station.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
EA=VW. Stumbled upon this yesterday. I did not know. I’m sure this is common knowledge here but I’m new to EV land.

As part of a consent decree reached with United States officials in 2016, Volkswagen agreed to numerous actions, with US$2 billion in total, to promote electric vehicle use over 10 years to atone for the additional air pollution it caused. One aspect of the program was a pledge to establish a public electric vehicle charging network.

The Electrify America brand was unveiled in January 2017, along with its first phase of station buildout. Its first station opened in May 2018, in Chicopee, Massachusetts.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I bet they kept them similar colors to prevent people who don't know better always grabbing the 350kW, whether they need one or not. Everyone on this forum is pretty knowledgeable about the difference but I suspect the great majority of EV drivers have no clue about the difference between 150/350 and would assume that 350 will charge faster regardless of what kind of vehicle they drive.
They should put a label on the vehicles charge port specifying the max Fast Charge the vehicle can accept. Similar to the vehicles that used to require premium gas.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
the 350 is about 20% faster for my truck than the 150s. Why wouldn't I choose it?
Is it really that much? I would expect a minor increase in the 350 (vs 150) for ER batteries, but not 20%.

For the Mach-e ER, the 350 in is faster too, but only by a minute or 2. Since 350 can double charging speeds for 800V EVs (Kia/Hyundai twins, Taycan, etc.), I try to leave it free if multiple stalls are open.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
They should put a label on the vehicles charge port specifying the max Fast Charge the vehicle can accept. Similar to the vehicles that used to require premium gas.
That's a good idea. They're going to have to do something. The average person doesn't understand EV charging stuff at all. Right now it's all up to the consumer to figure it out.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
EA=VW. Stumbled upon this yesterday. I did not know. I’m sure this is common knowledge here but I’m new to EV land.

As part of a consent decree reached with United States officials in 2016, Volkswagen agreed to numerous actions, with US$2 billion in total, to promote electric vehicle use over 10 years to atone for the additional air pollution it caused. One aspect of the program was a pledge to establish a public electric vehicle charging network.

The Electrify America brand was unveiled in January 2017, along with its first phase of station buildout. Its first station opened in May 2018, in Chicopee, Massachusetts.

I just want to know why they chose Chicopee as their inaugural station. Why not a nice place instead? :LOL:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Personally I just wanted them to have a more obvious label for which charging station number you are at! Basically the stations I've been to you can only tell if you look at the last digits at the very top, but it took me a bit the first time I ever used an EA station.
That would be great, too. I usually have checked their app to see which station I want to pull up at. Then you get there and the stations don't have a number that's readable from a distance. It would be incredibly easy to add this.

We should all carry some 4" black vinyl numbers in our vehicles and slap them on the stations when we charge. 😄
Sponsored