• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Well.. I am glad I can still get the 7500 for the Platinum I took delivery of this month. From what I understand, next year I wouldn't be able to get anything since its over 80K. However since it was sold in 2022, I will get the full amount.
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
How about Mustang which was made in Mexico?
I thought I read North America to qualify...anyone else see United States only?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
How about Mustang which was made in Mexico?
It says clearly N America so its a win for Ford(Mach E) and GM(Blazer EV) which are/will be assembled in Mexico.

Losers on this deal are Kia/Hyundai which will have to start making cars here if they want the credit.

world2steven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Another twist for you... What about people who bought and are paying for their trucks from the first of 2022 until the act passes? Does the dealer cough up the $7500 instant refund? I would assume/hope the money has to come from the government.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Another twist for you... What about people who bought and are paying for their trucks from the first of 2022 until the act passes? Does the dealer cough up the $7500 instant refund? I would assume/hope the money has to come from the government.
You stay under the existing credit.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
What happens if the bill passes on 9/1/22 and you take delivery between 9/2/22 and 12/31/22? Are you covered under the existing credit or not covered under either? I really cant see this scenario addressed anywhere.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt
Of course, people see things differently, but I could project that the violence of 6-JAN-2021 was a result of how some people perceived the new administrations planned climate change policies. The CAFE standards keep getting stricter every year and CARB states are setting ZEV dates. Some people see that train coming very fast and think they are stuck on the tracks in its' path.

Oh my... well. We went there? I truly appreciate the imagination and creativity brought to this discussion, although it scares me methane-less. Ahem.

If you want to complain about how the government spends your tax dollars and picks winners and losers, you might want to think for a few minutes about how we have subsidized FF for more than a century, how our foreign policy has been based on installing governments and regimes based on the whims and needs of the energy companies needs in given regions, and the dollars funneled through the Pentagon to make our energy policy a reality, Think just about the dollars now, not the lives lost.

They have us whining about pennies while they use hundred dollar bills to light their cigars and laugh at us...

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Losers on this deal are Kia/Hyundai which will have to start making cars here if they want the credit.
This is a bummer as I've been following reviews of all the EVs out there and Hyundai and Kia seem to be at the top-- kudos to them for totally transforming. I had a '90 Hyundai and it was the worst car I ever owned. I'm all for making s*** in the USA, but, uh, I guess giving GM 7.5k more for each mediocre Bolt EV is winning? Always great when the politicians pick the winners.

My wife got a raise this year and we won't be eligible for the credit anyway. I don't burn money for no reason and w/ our fuel expenses ~$2000/yr, if we can't take delivery this year of an EV w/ the $7500 credit it doesn't make sense to pay more next year... I'm sure a healthy used EV market will form in a few years.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Actually, HYUNDAI is building a brand new EV factory outside of Savannah, GA, and KIA already builds in WestPoint GA, and is expanding to build EVs, and Hybrids. VW in Chattanooga is expanding to build the ID.4 EV - all will be 'American made', although not by unions...

our brand new Kia Sorento PHEV, built in Korea, will still qualify for 2022 $6,250 tax credits...

I don't necessarily 'prefer' foreign made companies or foreign built vehicles, but KIA has done an EXCELLENT job with this hybrid PLUG IN Sorento.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the new climate and energy bill is not as environmentally friendly as we in the EV community would hope for in a bill that promotes electric vehicles. Congress had to make huge concessions to Joe Manchin for fossil fuel expansion to get him to sign off on the bill. A quote from Mr. Manchin states, "Get rid of all fossil, get rid of all coal, get rid of all oil, get rid of all gas, get rid of everything; Yeah, and it would all go to hell in a handbasket."

And yet the bill is being promoted as the largest piece of climate legislation so far adopted in the United States. Environmental groups are saying things about the bill like, "it's a slap in the face of to the communities fighting to protect themselves from filthy fossil fuels." Is the $7,500 tax credit all of us prospective F150L buyers are hoping for really important enough to us to make these kinds of concessions to the fossil fuel industry?

I guess we have to remember that progress comes with a price.
Dan I wish we lived in a Bubble but we don't. While it may make us feel better here in the spoiled United States to shut down our Oil and Gas production, all that does is enrich countries like Russia and well, you see they are doing to the people of Ukraine and the environment.

kbrannen

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning
What happens if the bill passes on 9/1/22 and you take delivery between 9/2/22 and 12/31/22? Are you covered under the existing credit or not covered under either? I really cant see this scenario addressed anywhere.
I've seen others quote the bill saying it takes affect after 12/31/22, so next year. Basically, what we have now is this year, the new bill is for next year. All subject to the whims of Congress who might change things before it's passed and signed.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Eh, looks like Sinema is planning to killing the bill anyways. I wonder if this whole thing was known to be DOA, but was just a way for Manchin to save some face.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
Eh, looks like Sinema is planning to killing the bill anyways. I wonder if this whole thing was known to be DOA, but was just a way for Manchin to save some face.
Manchema strikes again! Gridlock has been the name of the game since, well, at least 2008. (not trying to go too political here though)

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
What happens if a foreign manufacturer builds the same car in Europe/Korea/china and the US, and imports some of them to the US? Could you end up with two cars on a dealer lot (I know, they don't sit there very long these days), with the same sticker price, but one will be 7.5k more expensive after the rebate? Could be an interesting problem.
Sponsored