• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EV vs ICE cost per mile tables

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Hi everyone,

I made these basic lookup tables to help me compare cost-per-mile between ICE and EV cars for various fuel and electricity costs. Nothing super sophisticated, but I thought I'd share. Should be pretty self-explanatory how to use. Also attached is the Excel file in case anybody wants to play with it and modify. Enjoy!

Ford F-150 Lightning EV vs ICE cost per mile tables ICE_cpm.emf
Ford F-150 Lightning EV vs ICE cost per mile tables EV_cpm
Sponsored

Attachments

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
have done a spreadsheet or two making cost comparisons but ...smack to the forehead...should have thought of this one myself.... THANKS!

Wiseone

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda Civic
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I was doing the math earlier and it said my ICE was $.24/mile and my EV was $.02/mile.
I looked at my wife and said "No way! This can't be right!"

Guess it was. :)

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I ran some numbers in my head with the following assumptions, comparing gas vs electric F150, for my own scenario.

ICE engine getting 15mpg and gas at $3/gal.

Lightning at 2.0m/KwH; electricity at $0.085/Kilowatt

Driving 12,000 mi/yr.

I estimated $2,000/yr savings in fuel cost. Your chart shows roughly the same numbers. Thanks for sharing.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
My worst case scenario is roughly half price compared to the truck my Lightning replaced. Mine's a Platinum so it will pay for itself in 53 years!😂

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
just drive 10x more miles per year and you can do it in 5
I don't know about 10x but I definitely drive it more than my old truck. In situations where I used to take my wife's van I always take the truck now and my wife does a lot of the time too. The cameras and screen make driving a big vehicle around town so much easier (and safer) than the old one.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
At my current electricity rate, I can fuel the lightning at the same cost per mile as my Prius C. However, if I get any renewable energy at my home, then I can fuel it practically for free. I cannot produce gasoline at my home.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
This is awesome! Compare fast charging costs and it really shows the downside of taking trips in an EV. Electric rates in my area are $0.33 per kWh, so you can see that it's not a huge benefit to have an EV lol I would be lucky to just to recoup the costs of sales tax and a $1000 per year registration :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored