• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Extra trip appearing in FPA

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Since yesterday I noticed an additional trip and distance being shown on my driving log. I definitely did the 9.3 yesterday morning but not the 16. The evening drive was definitely not 31 miles.
Has anyone else seen this? I think there was an update recently so maybe there’s a bug.

Ford F-150 Lightning Extra trip appearing  in FPA IMG_5741
Sponsored

OP
OP
thedadlegend

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
It also seems like it used to chunk up my driving into smaller trips, such as when I turn the truck off at my first stop (after about 5 miles). But now it looks like it just contains the entire commute in a single log/trip time.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve had my Mach-E for over 2 years. I quit looking at the trip logs about after the first month because the data was garbage. Often, the miles from one trip doesn’t get reset to zero, and get added to the next trip.

I’ve not once looked at a trip log for my Lightning for the same reason.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Fordpass app drive log data is absolute unreliable rubbish. It's bad, the app is bad, the connectivity is bad. Worst part of the truck is the app.

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
Just curious, are those having bugs and inaccuracy in the FPA using Android or iPhones or either. I use iPhone and for the most part it works very well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thedadlegend

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
iPhone

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Just curious, are those having bugs and inaccuracy in the FPA using Android or iPhones or either. I use iPhone and for the most part it works very well.
iPhone.
Just for kicks, I looked at the trips I supposedly did yesterday.
Actual:
4.5 miles to store 1.
0.2 miles to store 2.
1.8 miles to store 3.
1.5 miles to store 4.
6.2 miles home.
At each stop, I shut off the truck and was in the store between 5 and 20 minutes.

FordPass shows 2 trips, the first for 4.3 miles and the second, 1.6 Miles.
I suspect it only recorded legs 1 and 3 (or 4)….my ”actual” mileage guesses could be off a couple tenths.

When I first got my Mach-E, the log included a map of the trip. It would show my route as the crow flies instead of the streets I used. I guess they couldn’t fix that, so the map is gone. 😀

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
Thanks, I'll run a test today, I have a couple of appointments out of town. I will map out my trip on Google Maps before hand and match it against what FPA says I did. I'll post it at the end of the day. Should be interesting.
Sponsored