• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Lightning Forum's gone solo!

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I like it. What’s with the Lightning “T” symbol in the upper left hand corner? T as in Tesla? Or as in Model T, super old school? Or maybe it’s just over my head.
Apparently your observation struck a nerve. Not sure if it was the Model T observation or the Tesla observation.

#Merica #Sorry Apologies to our northern neighbors.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Forum's gone solo! 1650226823819
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
If you click on the “What’s New” link at the top of the site (if you’re on desktop browser) or the lightning icon at the top of the site (if you’re on mobile device), that brings up a latest threads/posts view.
Not sure if some of these F150 ICE threads have some kind of Lightning link or if these are left-overs and will cycle out of the feed or if the Lightning filter between the F150ICE forum and the Lightning Forum is still being tweaked. But still getting some ICE threads in bottom half of the "What's new" feed.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Forum's gone solo! 1650227600713

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Not sure if some of these F150 ICE threads have some kind of Lightning link or if these are left-overs and will cycle out of the feed or if the Lightning filter between the F150ICE forum and the Lightning Forum is still being tweaked. But still getting some ICE threads in bottom half of the "What's new" feed.
1650227600713.png
We are still tweaking and should be done soon. The ICE related threads will stop appearing once we’re done. Thanks for the feedback.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
We are still tweaking and should be done soon. The ICE related threads will stop appearing once we’re done. Thanks for the feedback.
GREAT WORK assembling this Forum. You do not get near enough Thanks from us. You have welcomed a Fine Number of Members who are mostly articulate and sharing, coming from many different specialties. I look forward to them all putting the Lightning to test!;)

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I guess I'm in the minority for sure, but these trucks share way too much with the ICE and a single forum could not have been better. This is more about income for the forum owner not about F150 truck owners finding a place to share and learn.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I guess I'm in the minority for sure, but these trucks share way too much with the ICE and a single forum could not have been better. This is more about income for the forum owner not about F150 truck owners finding a place to share and learn.
I understand what you're saying, but I have to say that I've definitely been confused by some posts in the ICE forums only to realize they weren't applicable later, so having an entire forum just for the Lightning gives us a place of our own to share information that is unique to Lightning owners.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I'm glad lightning has its own dedicated forum for all the subsections. still lots of ice f150 and powerboost posts in the Canada section tho.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I kind of liked sharing the forum with the ICE F-150, since the main reason I want the Lightning is that it is nearly identical to the ICE version (looks anyway).

However, this change will help me from accidentally clicking on ICE F-150 Lighting posts 1000x, so that will be a win.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'll give it time - I do believe and hope @Administrator is working on it, but a ton of threads came over from the other forum that should be removed or have a comment added to them - they will become dead threads here.

You may search for an issue and find it here, then wonder why no one updated the thread after mid April 2022. It is because the majority of or all of the posts were about ICE trucks and the discussion and sharing of ideas and solutions continued, but it was in the ICE forum, not the Lightning forum.

So hope that clean up will commence otherwise we'll be carrying a lot of dead weight in the forums here. If we believe that content is useful here, then that makes my point that they should not have been split up. If it isn't specifically about the Lightning then I'll go hunt the other forum for it.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I stopped following unrelated threads in each of the forums, leaving what is ICE related in the Gen14 forum and what is Lightning related here in the new forum, will visit ICE daily, Lightning incessantly (LOL), then look at my WATCH LIST

I also went to the main view of What's New, then clicked the MARK FORUMS READ button to clear the NEW items icons to the left of each node to reset, now as traffic happens they light up when new content is available.

PS, this is all via laptop / full browser UI not a mobile app interface.

Last edited: