• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning XLT SR 312A
Will does work with all trim levels? I have a xlt 312a and want to get this done on my truck. Thinking about having it done by dealer.
Sponsored

drewfaulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Just did this install today. Went pretty well. I purchased the emblem from Ford and wired the Green wire back together. I doubt the one from Putco is any brighter. This thing is extremely bright. Any brighter and it would be a headlight. Looks great with the Pro grill. The matte finish plastic on the Pro grill and this emblem is a near perfect match.

I just had trouble with the fuse. the fuse they gave me was very tight to the other fuse below it and I ended u0p breaking it trying to force it in. Ended up having to run to AutoZone to purchase another 5A fuse for $7 :(:mad:.

I used Fuse 22 because I like the emblem to stay lit for a bit when the car it parked. When I went out to get another use, I put the fuse in the top spot so that the emblem was lit and left the bottom port open and strangely enough the emblem stayed lit when the headlights were on and turned off when the headlights turned off... Which was, IMO, perfect behavior. With both fuse ports filled, the emblem stays on much longer than the headlights. No idea why and no idea what this fuse does. My headlights worked regardless if there was a fuse or not, but my directionals were clicking fast which normally indicates that your blinker light is out.
PXL_20230519_152623686.jpg

I also wired my Powertrax cover today:

I know it's been awhile since you installed this, but your post got me wondering if you could "daisy chain" two fuse taps together to get the emblem to only come on with the headlights: one would plug into the fuse box and have a fuse in the bottom and another fuse tap plugged into the top (with the 12V line capped off). The second one would have a fuse just in the top (bottom empty), with the 12v line connecting to the LED emblem. Seems like this would solve the directionals blinking fast and allow the emblem to only come on with the headlights.