• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
This is great news. I’m hoping Ford places the Tesla/NACS connector at the rear like Tesla does on upcoming vehicles to help maintain the same flow at superchargers.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I can see the Tesla forums now upset about all the Lightning owners backing into the Telsa chargers with their trailer hitches. Exciting times ahead!
More likely to happen with all the upcoming Cybertruck owners who have never owned a truck before…

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Most likely the Tesla to CCS adapter will be rebranded for Ford to sell

I’m wondering if Ford is going to help Tesla build the $25k Hatch 🤔 perhaps Mexico connections

JRTN34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, 2020 Tesla Model Y
I'm very excited about this too. My hope is they ditch the CCS connector in 2025. A CCS to NACS adapter could be used if needed for J1772 or CCS. However, if Tesla and Ford only have NACS that should be a big push for everyone else to follow. The NACS connector is just a much better experience.

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
Speeding up the access to the entire Tesla charging network will make towing easier especially for those SR folks.
SR is now the hot ticket!

Sponsored

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Is this real? So Ford will switch to Telsa ports and ditch CCS? That's a big and bold step if that actually happens. For us ford EV owners with CCS ports we will just use an adapter which I am good with and not have to wait for Telsa to convert all their Superchargers over to magic docks.
It is real.

I listened to the Jim Farley - Elon chat today.

Ford is going to ditch CCS and go to NACS starting 1st quarter of 2024.
At the same time Tesla will open up 12,000 SuperCharger PODS to existing Ford EV drivers....using an adaptor.

This is huge news. The move to NACS is on.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This is truly the best thing Ford has ever done. Absolute genius. EA will never improve now.

The article isn't clear if the CCS port will remain as it is, but they note that Ford is gaining access to Tesla while retaining access to all of the existing Ford network.

It would be super simple to just move to NACS and add the NACS to CCS adapter in every vehicle sold. Tesla includes the J1772 to NACS adapter in each car sold.

There are still some hot spots for Tesla chargers, but Tesla is changing this fast. Literally in the DFW metro area 3 years ago I believe there were 4 Superchargers and none of them were v3. Today there are 23 locations, some with 16 to 20 stations each. They are everywhere, including Buccee's.

Literally at Tesla's rate in another 2 years there will be no waiting and no ill will. The income to Tesla will just keep them building more stations, which makes it better for Tesla owners too.

Just made my truck much more valuable and literally removes the worry I always had about traveling.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
With the current charging infrastructure, I think it would be much easier/convenient to have the NACS port and a CCS adapter vs a CCS port with a NACS adapter. I don't see them having both ports on the truck in the future.
I believe the adaptor will only be for current Ford EV Owners. Future Ford Vehicles, I believe, will only have the NACS aka Tesla connector.
Sponsored