• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Also a reminder that you can subscribe to Supercharging directly in the Tesla app for discounted charging rates, similar to the Electrify America app. It’s not quite as convenient as Ford plug and charge but could save money if you frequently fast charge

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
Will eligible 2024 model vehicles shipped to dealers going forward include this adapter? Or will new customers still have to use the online order process?

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Will eligible 2024 model vehicles shipped to dealers going forward include this adapter? Or will new customers still have to use the online order process?
They way I interpret everything, you need to have a vehicle in your driveway by Jun 30, 2024.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
This should make my truck much more capable. Thanks Ford.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They way I interpret everything, you need to have a vehicle in your driveway by Jun 30, 2024.
Not what I was asking. I’m asking if Ford will ship the adapter with new 2024 model EVs going forward. Like….why not toss the adapter in the glovebox for any new EV shipped from the factory?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
June 30 is cutoff. Not in vehicle. You have to order. This is what the FAQ in the first post says:
Will future customers also receive a free adapter?
Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning retail customers will be eligible to receive a complimentary adapter if ordered by June 30, 2024. Future Ford EV customers after that date will need to purchase an adapter.

If customers don’t receive a free adapter, how much will it cost in the future?
The adapter is available for $230 (including estimated tax and shipping).

They could certainly start putting these in vehicles at some point but that's down the road and not covered in today's announcement.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not what I was asking. I’m asking if Ford will ship the adapter with new 2024 model EVs going forward. Like….why not toss the adapter in the glovebox for any new EV shipped from the factory?
@bmwhitetx did a better job than I, it says "ordered" by June 30th. I missed that part.

EDIT: It just clicked what you are asking. I imagine that dealers *might* start stocking the adaptor to include at delivery once the initial demand dies down. I would not be surprised if Ford makes people order it online though.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
@bmwhitetx did a better job than I, it says "ordered" by June 30th. I missed that part.
Hmm, I was thinking it meant the adapter had to be ordered by June 30th. Could be the truck has to be ordered by then????

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm, I was thinking it meant the adapter had to be ordered by June 30th. Could be the truck has to be ordered by then????
You pose a good point, since it was for future customers I assumed it meant a vehicle ordered. But I can also see it meaning that you have to order the adapter by then to be complimentary, which then means you need to have vehicle in hand. I'm leaning towards your interpretation being correct.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess that’s sort of my point. Why not just include it with future deliveries? Ford would know which VINs they included it with. And it would save the whole order and delivery hassle and expense.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Thanks!

Very much appreciated link and will make my 800+ mile jaunts to Montana a heck of a lot more seamless!

A very satisfied Lightning Commuter.