• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
Listened to the broadcast....

All the Tweets were very complimentary of Jim Farley!
Sponsored

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
  • Starting early next year, Ford EV customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, in addition to the over 10,000 DC fast-chargers that are already part of the BlueOval Charge Network. This will give Ford EV customers unprecedented access to fast-charging
  • Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence
  • In 2025, Ford will offer next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers
  • The reliable Tesla Supercharger network has already established charging corridors across the U.S. and Canada

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
So they're going to do a Tesla to CCS adapter that works with existing Superchargers, meaning it will have to adapt the control protocol. And the only thing preventing its use with other CCS-equipped EVs, I guess, will be that payment is locked to Ford VINs?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So they're going to do a Tesla to CCS adapter that works with existing Superchargers, meaning it will have to adapt the control protocol. And the only thing preventing its use with other CCS-equipped EVs, I guess, will be that payment is locked to Ford VINs?
Payment and software

I’m excited for the Future of EV Ford Pass

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
  • Starting early next year, Ford EV customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada, in addition to the over 10,000 DC fast-chargers that are already part of the BlueOval Charge Network. This will give Ford EV customers unprecedented access to fast-charging
  • Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence
  • In 2025, Ford will offer next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers
  • The reliable Tesla Supercharger network has already established charging corridors across the U.S. and Canada
Just ordered a new F-150 Lightning for October/November delivery.

Order confirmation 12390XXX

I wanted one with the NACS plug built in ....but should be fine with any additional upgrades

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Oh man, this is pretty cool if we can use it sooner at SC's that don't have the dock yet. I wonder if the vehicles will have both ports built-in? Like NACS on the passenger side?
Agreed, it says they'll equip future evs with the NACS, so I'm hoping that means one of each too. Hopefully they don't subscribe to the Apple model of changing the damn plugs every few years.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Payment and software

I’m excited for the Future of EV Ford Pass
Right?!! Especially if they can figure out how to enable the EA reduced rate with plug N charge. I'd sign up to be able to use both SC and that. I travel enough times throughout the year to make it worth it (assuming that $50 annual fee stays the same).

On that note, do you think they're going to require subscribing to the Blue Oval network to gain access?

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If Ford is able to produce their 3 row SUV with a reasonable price then I might be tempted to skip the EV9 and wait for it just for the built in NACS. Would make my wife's life so much simpler then trying to teach her all the troubleshooting tips for CCS.