• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Has anyone does a heated steering wheel install? Is it possible to add an activation button to the screen through forscan? I know they've done it on the gen14 forums, but I'm not sure if that would work for the lightning.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Has anyone does a heated steering wheel install? Is it possible to add an activation button to the screen through forscan? I know they've done it on the gen14 forums, but I'm not sure if that would work for the lightning.
if it worked on the ICE GEN 14 - you are about 98% good it will work. The APIM and software is the same between trucks. They are even getting and running the same version numbers of software we are, they are usually just a few weeks behind.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
if it worked on the ICE GEN 14 - you are about 98% good it will work. The APIM and software is the same between trucks. They are even getting and running the same version numbers of software we are, they are usually just a few weeks behind.
The way they did it was to set the truck to be a f250, and then it would show up in a climate card on the far end of the screen. I didn't know if doing a setting like that would cause unintended consequences

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I hadn't followed that thread on how. I could see how that might cause some problems with the Lightning changing what truck it is.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I've had no luck with the heated steering wheel. I can get the button to show up on screen by putting a climate bar at the bottom of the screen in place of the regular buttons, but the wheel is greyed out and can't be selected. Not sure what else to try, if anyone else has any luck with it let me know, or if anyone has a heated steering wheel and can show screenshots of their SCCM, HVAC, IPC and APIM settings, I'd appreciate it.

Sponsored

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Lariat 2WD
For Sync 4a (15in): Has anyone tried to found a way to manipulate the climate control buttons? I’d like to display both Heated and Ventilated Seat icons for selection.
Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 1685652870389

I don’t like clicking on the singular seat icon because it defaults to seat heat rather than waiting for a selection to be made. Why kick on the relay unnecessarily? Honestly, Ford needs to figure out their UI design, it wastes a ton of usable space and it’s clunky / inconsistent.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Also, I did all of the settings for glare-free headlights, but they don't show up in my Settings/Vehicle/Lighting section. Are they hidden somewhere else? I triple checked that I got all the settings right.

EDIT: I spoke too soon! Perhaps I wasn't rebooting the truck well enough, but I went back out to check a few more settings, and the glare-free headlights were an option! So yay!

I did this days ago and never showed up

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Anyone have working codes for:

* 12v powerpoint outlet stay powered on for 24 hours after AC off?
* Permanently disable 30 minute shut off.
* Disable seat reminder for rear seat (they are folded up for cripes sake...)

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Anyone have working codes for:

* 12v powerpoint outlet stay powered on for 24 hours after AC off?
* Permanently disable 30 minute shut off.
* Disable seat reminder for rear seat (they are folded up for cripes sake...)
Those are some highly requested features!

1. Nope
2. Nope
3. There is a setting in the settings interface on your main screen to disable rear occupant reminders

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Those are some highly requested features!

1. Nope
2. Nope
3. There is a setting in the settings interface on your main screen to disable rear occupant reminders
This is sad because the gas f150 can have these done :(

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Hey guys quick question regarding programing before I brick my truck...

When I write the code for a certain line

Let's say for line 7d0-03-01

The spreadsheet says xx10 xxxx xx--

Do you delete the dashes at the end or is do I leave those characters alone?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Hey guys quick question regarding programing before I brick my truck...

When I write the code for a certain line

Let's say for line 7d0-03-01

The spreadsheet says xx10 xxxx xx--

Do you delete the dashes at the end or is do I leave those characters alone?
The last two numbers are checksums - just don't do anything with those and they'll be recalculated when you save and update. Just make the other numbers match in the string.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Yesterday I changed the front light bar brightness and all was fine. Seemed to take with no issues.

Then a few hours later I tried to change the matrix headlights. I got a error code on forscan and thought maybe something was wrong with my p.c. or obd adapter and put it all away last night.

So today I did it again and I'm still getting the same error. Anyone with experience have any advice ? Take a look at this screen shot

Also see a DTC now that the APIM module wasn't responding.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread 20230616_084829

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Yesterday I changed the front light bar brightness and all was fine. Seemed to take with no issues.

Then a few hours later I tried to change the matrix headlights. I got a error code on forscan and thought maybe something was wrong with my p.c. or obd adapter and put it all away last night.

So today I did it again and I'm still getting the same error. Anyone with experience have any advice ? Take a look at this screen shot

Also see a DTC now that the APIM module wasn't responding.

20230616_084829.jpg
Did you actually notice any difference with the lightbar brightness ? I tried it months ago and didn’t notice any change at all
Sponsored