• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
The CCS1 to CCS2 adapter originally sold for more than $2k but now you can get one on eBay for less than $400. I can easily see people paying $2k+ when the NACS to CCS1 adapter first comes out but prices should drop quickly if Tesla doesn’t restrict production. Since Tesla still owns the NACS patents, they can easily control prices and production with the royalty fees they impose on the adapter production.

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I can easily see people paying $2k+ when the NACS to CCS1 adapter first comes out but prices should drop quickly if Tesla doesn’t restrict production. Since Tesla still owns the NACS patents, they can easily control prices and production with the royalty fees they impose on the adapter production.
CCS1 to NACS 250kW adapters are going to $90 and less on eBay. What is your source that Tesla can control prices and production on a completely open standard?

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Since Tesla still owns the NACS patents, they can easily control prices and production with the royalty fees they impose on the adapter production.
Maybe you aren't aware, but Tesla is no longer requiring payment for using the NACS. It's available free on their website. Per their release statement:
" As a purely electrical and mechanical interface agnostic to use case and communication protocol, NACS is straightforward to adopt. The design and specification files are available for download, ..."

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
CCS1 to NACS 250kW adapters are going to $90 and less on eBay. What is your source that Tesla can control prices and production on a completely open standard?
Is there an adapter available to purchase for the other way around? That would allow me to DCFC the Lightning at a Tesla NACS SC?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is there an adapter available to purchase for the other way around? That would allow me to DCFC the Lightning at a Tesla NACS SC?
Not yet. Wish there was. We just drove to North Chicago from Toledo. Was painfull driving past all the Supercharger sites on the Indiana toll road and not having access to the sites up by Waukegan. This is a charging desert up here. Fastest EA site in the area has all the chargers derated and are averaging 64kW.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
That will be the type of adapter that is going to be made available by Ford/Tesla/Somebody in 2024.

My point was about adapter pricing speculation in the quoted post. The NACS standard is now open source. Tesla sells their own CCS1 to NACS adapters for $175. Knockoffs are going for $90. Currently, a NACS to CCS1 adapter is useless until Tesla allows Ford EVs into their billing and authorization system to initiate the charge.

(Magic Dock equipped NACS to CCS1 dispensers are a locking Tesla proprietary version of the NACS standard.)

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
The CCS1 to CCS2 adapter originally sold for more than $2k but now you can get one on eBay for less than $400. I can easily see people paying $2k+ when the NACS to CCS1 adapter first comes out but prices should drop quickly if Tesla doesn’t restrict production. Since Tesla still owns the NACS patents, they can easily control prices and production with the royalty fees they impose on the adapter production.
Cheaper priced adaptor = more revenue at the superchargers. Can’t see it being anything more than $300.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
That will be the type of adapter that is going to be made available by Ford/Tesla/Somebody in 2024.

My point was about adapter pricing speculation in the quoted post. The NACS standard is now open source. Tesla sells their own CCS1 to NACS adapters for $175. Knockoffs are going for $90. Currently, a NACS to CCS1 adapter is useless until Tesla allows Ford EVs into their billing and authorization system to initiate the charge.

(Magic Dock equipped NACS to CCS1 dispensers are a locking Tesla proprietary version of the NACS standard.)
So I would need both correct adapter AND Tesla account? Sorry, I should have known this.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
So I would need both correct adapter AND Tesla account? Sorry, I should have known this.
I think Ford is going to add the Tesla Superchargers to the Blue Oval Charge Network. IN that case, all the payment would be handled by the Connected Services/Charge network app using the CC on file. I am hoping this would mean thatthe superchargers will be plug and charge capable-- no use of the Tesla app required.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The Nxu take on this.....

fka Atlis MV (AMV)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Cheaper priced adaptor = more revenue at the superchargers. Can’t see it being anything more than $300.
I'm guessing $2,100 but it's only good for 3 years. After that $1,000 a year 🤣🤣🤣

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm guessing $2,100 but it's only good for 3 years. After that $1,000 a year 🤣🤣🤣
Unfortunately it seems Ford and the legacy makers are the ones that really want to get on this milk your auto forever with purchases.
Sponsored