• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fender Flares installed

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
I guess if you like it, that’s all that matters

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Why?

I mean it's your truck and you can do what you want of course, but I think most people on here will tell you that fender flares without wide wheels and tires seems a little overkill.

To me all it does is increase drag while worsening looks.

Hey it's your truck, enjoy it!

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, 23 Corvette, 23 Renegade, 22 Mini EV
Occupation
Retired High School Auto Tech Teacher
I'm going to have to agree with others here. The flares are too beefy for the size tires and wheels on the truck. If they were larger tires and wheels with those flares everything would fall into place. Such as in the photo here that someone else posted in another fender flare thread. But as others have also mentioned, if your happy with them that's all that counts!

Ford F-150 Lightning Fender Flares installed IMG_6904

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I like them.
Would you share a link to the source.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Don't let these guys get ya down, OP, I like them, although I do agree some larger shoes would help the fitment. Let us know how the install was, and where you got them. Any drilling, or 3M VHB and pop fasteners? Cheers and thanks, looks good from here and maybe a 1 or 2% range hit max IMHO; my tires (Mickey Thompson Baja Boss) and wheels with 20mm more poke were way more of a range hit so a non-issue for me personally...👍

OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I purchased them from https://www.americantrucks.com/2021-ford-f150-parts.html. They don't stick out much, maybe they look that way in the picture but I don't think I've noticed any degradation in mileage. They were slightly difficult to install because I guess the standard F-150 body is slightly different than the Lightning. It wasn't anything too bad though and no, I did not have to drill or make any new holes. A couple of the screw holes didn't align so I just left them off. The fit is very good though and personally, I like them but to each their own. If you have any install questions, you can send me a DM.

OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
Don't let these guys get ya down, OP, I like them, although I do agree some larger shoes would help the fitment. Let us know how the install was, and where you got them. Any drilling, or 3M VHB and pop fasteners? Cheers and thanks, looks good from here and maybe a 1 or 2% range hit max IMHO; my tires (Mickey Thompson Baja Boss) and wheels with 20mm more poke were way more of a range hit so a non-issue for me personally...👍
Thanks! I don't really care what others think, it's my truck, and as others have said, if I like it then so be it. I personally do like them a lot and yes, larger tires would look better but oh well. Anyhow, as I stated, the installation wasn't too bad but I did a couple of the holes didn't line up so I just didn't use them as they fit really well. If you have any other questions, let me know, happy to help.

Sponsored
OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
You don’t need larger tires. You just need spacers so the tires appear wider.
Actually, that's what my son said to get. I wonder what size I should go with.

Pro or NO

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 F150 ecoboost
Occupation
Areospace machinist
I purchased them from https://www.americantrucks.com/2021-ford-f150-parts.html. They don't stick out much, maybe they look that way in the picture but I don't think I've noticed any degradation in mileage. They were slightly difficult to install because I guess the standard F-150 body is slightly different than the Lightning. It wasn't anything too bad though and no, I did not have to drill or make any new holes. A couple of the screw holes didn't align so I just left them off. The fit is very good though and personally, I like them but to each their own. If you have any install questions, you can send me a DM.
Thank you for you comments on fitment. No company I have seen will say they fit but from what ive seen there isnt much difference from the ice. Am looking at different flares but not much different than yours. I always run offset wheels and legally need flares. Keeping the factory look is way to boring. May just have to buy an ice set of flares and make it work.. For reference this was my 2014 with 1 3/4 bushwacker flares with 2 inch offset wheels. Also cant legally do wheel spacer here.

Ford F-150 Lightning Fender Flares installed DSC01405.JPG

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've only seen those on older trucks. A lot of people here in Northeast Ohio use them to cover up rusty fenders.

As what others have said, if you like them, that's all that matters. 😎
Sponsored