• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Final Steps to Bluecruise email

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I should mention that I"m in the Early Access Program and I also signed up for their Advanced Analytics program. This lets them pull data from my truck and has to be renewed every 90 days. I'm not concerned about privacy and I'm more than happy to help them make this better for us all.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
...this thread is killing me...?
It's scaring the you know what out of me. Hoping that at least Ford is learning how to push SW updates from this and fixing the problems. It is not sounding like it however.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I should mention that I"m in the Early Access Program and I also signed up for their Advanced Analytics program. This lets them pull data from my truck and has to be renewed every 90 days. I'm not concerned about privacy and I'm more than happy to help them make this better for us all.
Agreed on privacy. Unless Ford is going to call 911 every time I'm speeding on the freeway … that could get expensive.
The question is whether the vehicle data impacts use of Bluecruise or even 'eligibility' for EAP. Tesla is using an idiotic "scoring" system to purported limit access to its "full self driving" which I see as a facade … it's not a "beta" release if it's limited to drivers so subservient that they drive preciously for 7 days to get into the beta – that's not a realistic or representative sample of real world drivers or driving.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am in the Early Access program and have received successful updates through 2.4.5. The System Update screen shows I have a pending update, but it will not complete and gives me a message in Ford Pass that says "We recently tried to install a Ford Power-Up Software Update for your 2021 F-150 but were unsuccessful. We'll need your help to finish it. It's pretty simple. You'll find detailed instructions on your in-vehicle screen." Unfortunately, when I turn the vehicle back on, there are no such instructions, and it just tells me I have a scheduled update awaiting. The update details say that the update is Ford Power-Up 2.5.1. I have tried doing the "Update Now" process as well as letting it attempt a scheduled update. Frustrating.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this F-150 concern on my end.

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this F-150 concern on my end.
why don't you help with all the other job 1 trucks out there that you promised blue cruise to over a year ago and then again by End Quater 1 22 which is almost up?

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I was successfully upgraded to 2.5.1 last night. This morning while driving on a 2 lane road I turned on lane keep and cruise control and I got a pop-up that said "Blue Cruise is now active. Keep your eyes on the road" (quoting from memory). Other than the pop-up mentioning Blue Cruise it was the same small blue steering wheel that we are familiar with when using lane keep and cruise control. It also would keep reminding me to keep my hands on the wheel.

I'm aware that this wasn't a Blue Cruise covered road and haven't had the chance to test in on one that would be part of Blue Cruise but the pop-up mentioning Blue Cruise was a welcomed sign.
I’m getting 2.5.1 as we speak. Hopefully I have Blue Cruise after lunch.

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
So I received the 2.5.1 update and got the Blue Cruise hands free dialog box when I drove the truck. Then I took it on the 280 in San Mateo and it kept asking me to put my hands on the wheel, like before. The steering wheel icon was the same as it was before, and wasn't the one shown in the Ford videos. I would’ve thought such a main highway would be mapped. I also haven't received any email indicating Blue Cruise is active, as they said I would in the original communication. So do I have Blue Cruise or not? Has any one who received 2.5.1 confirmed they have Hands Free Blue Cruise?

Last edited:

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
@Lippy
@Briansk12
@PolishT247
@F-150 Prius
@gtotco

Hmm... Been in the early access program since Mar 2021 and no Bluecruise email. I did find a email on a OTA survey and just completed it.

Everyone that got the Bluecruise email... Did you complete the OTA survey previously? Just wondering if it is related somehow.
Same here, I completed the surveys they send, but know Blue cruise.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I am in the Early Access program and have received successful updates through 2.4.5. The System Update screen shows I have a pending update, but it will not complete and gives me a message in Ford Pass that says "We recently tried to install a Ford Power-Up Software Update for your 2021 F-150 but were unsuccessful. We'll need your help to finish it. It's pretty simple. You'll find detailed instructions on your in-vehicle screen." Unfortunately, when I turn the vehicle back on, there are no such instructions, and it just tells me I have a scheduled update awaiting. The update details say that the update is Ford Power-Up 2.5.1. I have tried doing the "Update Now" process as well as letting it attempt a scheduled update. Frustrating.
Did you get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing. Didn't go last night and tried manually updating twice today with no luck. My truck seemed to be trying to connect to wifi when I turned it on so I am wondering if it is required for the update. I street park and if it is in front of the house I can get on wifi but not from where it is now.

Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Did you get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing. Didn't go last night and tried manually updating twice today with no luck. My truck seemed to be trying to connect to wifi when I turned it on so I am wondering if it is required for the update. I street park and if it is in front of the house I can get on wifi but not from where it is now.
I have been on a good wi-fi signal in my garage when I have attempted the updates. I have been in contact with Ford, and my issue has been escalated to seek resolution. Apparently, Ford's system is showing the update as being in progress even though I get the unsuccessful update notifications, and the vehicle is drivable.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I have been on a good wi-fi signal in my garage when I have attempted the updates. I have been in contact with Ford, and my issue has been escalated to seek resolution. Apparently, Ford's system is showing the update as being in progress even though I get the unsuccessful update notifications, and the vehicle is drivable.
Huh weird yeah I’m giving it another try. Guess we will see what happens. Truck seems to be fine otherwise just having trouble installing the update. Let me know what you find out!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The ones that have receive the 2.5.1 shiuld look in there features and the menu for cruise and it should be different now it should have a smart offering now. I verified the changes were made to someone that provided their vin to me their as build has been updated to the same as a 22 with BC. So go look to verify it is on in the menu

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Lots of people got stuck on it back in the fall of last year. In order to get over the hump (myself included) required a USB update to the APIM
Thanks. I didn't have any hiccups so I guess they fixed it by now.

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
One of the preconditions required for the 2.5.1 update to go through is to have the parking brake set on. Mine has not been on the previous attempts but is on now. The escalation team member who called me told me this and is going to send me a complete list of all of the preconditions. They will also be attempting to push through the update at my scheduled time this evening. My fingers are now crossed.
Sponsored