• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finally got the Order email from Ford

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
I had put it out of my mind.....but today I got the email from Ford that I can go order my truck.

I have a Mach E, it's currently in the body shop thanks to a stray truck tire that took out the grill shutters and the condenser behind that. Parts on back order, of course :rolleyes:

I love the Mach E, it drives great as far as I'm concerned. I travel a lot with it and have not had any big issues getting charged out in the wild. Typical issues, never had to go find another station tho. I have had more than a few issues with the software, however. Nothing big but the random bugs that pop up are down right annoying. I've become pretty good at resetting the sync and for the most part that corrects whatever is wigging out but it's aggravating for sure.

So, I guess, I need to decide if it's worth it to swap vehicles with essentially the same software or just keep the devil I know.

What do you think?
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Get the devil you need. If you travel a lot and don’t have much need for utility, what you have is much more efficient and parking friendly. If you need space, hauling, towing short distance and backup power, order.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
If you want and/or like a truck go for it. If you don’t reply need a truck stick with the Mach E

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
I just got the invite email finally today as well. I will tell you lots of f150 lightnings are coming back in on trade. Standard ranges, almost uniformly. I would hate for you to get stuck with it if you decided the Mach E was to keep. I am ordering because I want the extended range blue cruise. Impossible to get bluecruise on regular f150s now. I ordered a powerboost f150 in February because I didn't know when my Lightning order would finally get processed and it has been sitting waiting for chips since August 8.

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the replies.

IF I ordered a Lightning it would be the Lariat ER with Max Tow package.

I expected a hit on range while towing but I did not expect as big of one that folks are reporting. We have a 2018 F150 that we use to tow a small gooseneck horse trailer and was hopping to replace it with the Lightning. That's not going to happen for 2 reasons. Range and the fact that a hitch is not available for it at this time.

In all honesty, I think I'll pass on the Lightning and see what the market has to offer in a couple of years. Lots of new models and changes happening in the EV world.

Sponsored

rajurrk

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
DBA
I had put it out of my mind.....but today I got the email from Ford that I can go order my truck.

I have a Mach E, it's currently in the body shop thanks to a stray truck tire that took out the grill shutters and the condenser behind that. Parts on back order, of course :rolleyes:

I love the Mach E, it drives great as far as I'm concerned. I travel a lot with it and have not had any big issues getting charged out in the wild. Typical issues, never had to go find another station tho. I have had more than a few issues with the software, however. Nothing big but the random bugs that pop up are down right annoying. I've become pretty good at resetting the sync and for the most part that corrects whatever is wigging out but it's aggravating for sure.

So, I guess, I need to decide if it's worth it to swap vehicles with essentially the same software or just keep the devil I know.

What do you think?
what was your Booking date and #

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RESERVATION DATE
05/31/2021

RESERVATION ID

rajurrk

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
DBA
RESERVATION DATE
05/31/2021

RESERVATION ID
Thanks
There order logic has no sense my booking is 5/20/21 and 1085XXXX range
Happy for you

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks
There order logic has no sense my booking is 5/20/21 and 1085XXXX range
Happy for you
I have no idea how they decide who's up next 🤷‍♂️

You want my order? I think I'll pass :cool:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thanks for the replies.

IF I ordered a Lightning it would be the Lariat ER with Max Tow package.
So what does the order page look like? I assume only Lariat SR/ER and Platinum available? Any price increases? Oh, and this would seem to be MY23 Wave 5 even though Wave 4 is still open. Odd.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So what does the order page look like? I assume only Lariat SR/ER and Platinum available? Any price increases? Oh, and this would seem to be MY23 Wave 5 even though Wave 4 is still open. Odd.
I'm not sure just yet. My login at Ford is messed up so I can't even get in to see what that stuff looks like. I'll get it sorted out and report back for you

Jason Weaver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Platinum Expedition
Occupation
Solar Sales
Got my invite as well. 6-1 reservation. Odds on taking delivery this year?

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Read the email...
Nothing in my email about expected delivery............being mid-November now, I wouldn't expect delivery until late spring or early summer tho
Sponsored