• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

First Cybertruck rolls off assembly line

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
This has been so overhyped that I stopped even going to the CT website. Hope we’ll finally get to see actual specs/features soon. I have a reservation but just got tired of waiting. At this point we still don’t know much e.g. price, range, drive train, basic features. Rivian and Ford have set the bar and the CT better have vehicle to home capabilities, decent range towing etc. We‘ve seen pics of 4wheel steering but no guarantee it will make it into production. That tank turn stuff came off the table when Rivian real world tested it. I am a long term Tesla investor and fan and want it to succeed.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
This has been so overhyped that I stopped even going to the CT website. Hope we’ll finally get to see actual specs/features soon. I have a reservation but just got tired of waiting. At this point we still don’t know much e.g. price, range, drive train, basic features. Rivian and Ford have set the bar and the CT better have vehicle to home capabilities, decent range towing etc. We‘ve seen pics of 4wheel steering but no guarantee it will make it into production. That tank turn stuff came off the table when Rivian real world tested it. I am a long term Tesla investor and fan and want it to succeed.
4 wheel steering is in production. Apparently, like the Hummer and Silverado EV's the turning radius is unmanageable without it. Franz was telling people when he brought the CT to the Petersen museum event that the range is 500 miles. It's a pretty vague statement, that echos what Elon has said a few times over the past couple months. We don't know if that's real-world, hopeful under ideal conditions, what the EPA rating will be, etc..

I put in my reservation before the reveal event when the reservation page went live. I was not a fan of CT at the reveal, I'm still not sold on the design overall. One thing I will say though is that it looks completely different in person. There's something about it that all the pics and videos online don't capture. The only CT I've seen in person was the reveal prototype that was parked at the Petersen Museum for a while.

I want it to succeed too. If nothing else, the market needs the disruptive competition.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I guess it's down to show me the $ or in this case show me the specs!

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
If they are rolling off the assembly line they should be able to provide more details about the truck. If no details are available, then these are still prototypes subject to change.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Just saw predictions that the first ones will 350 mile batteries not be the 500 mlle range originally promised. Again at this point it's just rumors. Perhaps something will be released during the earning call on Wed.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
If they are rolling off the assembly line they should be able to provide more details about the truck. If no details are available, then these are still prototypes subject to change.
They're line testers. Seems they've spit out a few of them this week, about 1 a day. The Model Y production in Austin started with the line testers and then actual production began about 3 weeks later. As with previous vehicles, Tesla likes to wait until they're ready to start converting reservations to orders before finalizing pricing and specs. I think this time around it's worse because a lot has changed that we don't know about. We know that it's about 3% smaller overall than the original prototype when revealed and that they're saying it has 500 miles of range. The bed design is different and looks improved internally. I don't get the big wiper, seems like a solution in search of a problem.
Sponsored