• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
FIRST LOOK: FORD F-150 LIGHTNING SUPERTRUCK EV DEMONSTRATOR STORMS AMERICA’S MOUNTAIN

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Reveal

MAY 31, 2024 | DEARBORN

Ford Performance reveals its F-150 Lightning SuperTruck EV demonstrator in camouflage ahead of testing next week as it returns to "America's Mountain” , the world famous Pikes Peak. Romain Dumas, current Pikes Peak International Hill Climb record holder, will pilot the demonstrator through the main event June 23, 2024.

Vehicle Details:

• The Ford Performance Motorsports EV demonstrator takes its inspiration from the F-150 Lightning and is developed in partnership with STARD.
  • The vehicle’s aerodynamic features have been developed to reach 6,000 lbs of downforce at 150 mph, integral for its efforts at Pikes Peak.
Technology and Research Development:

• EV demonstrator programs directly advances electric powertrain research and development.
  • Insights from the Pikes Peak program will inform software calibration and battery cell chemistry for production vehicles as well as future race programs.
Previous Pikes Peak Achievements:

• In 2023, Ford's Electric SuperVan 4.2 set a new Open Class record at Pikes Peak with an 8:47.682 ET in the 20km course.
  • F-150 Lightning Demonstrators:
  • F-150 Lightning SuperTruck follows Switchgear, the high-performance on- and off-road demonstrator developed in partnership with RTR.
  • The Ford F-150 Lightning Switchgear, revealed January 2024, is based on a production Lightning platform and enhanced with a bolstered suspension, carbon composite panels, skid plates and more to expand the limits and expectations of electric vehicles.
Research in Motorsports:

• Ford Performance’s motorsport efforts reinforce our commitment and belief that harnessing the technology and expertise from our race vehicles helps elevate our entire lineup.

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Social

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Reveal

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Side

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Win

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Rear

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Front Feature

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator SuperTruck Camo Rear Feature
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
FIRST LOOK: FORD F-150 LIGHTNING SUPERTRUCK EV DEMONSTRATOR STORMS AMERICA’S MOUNTAIN

SuperTruck Camo Reveal.jpg

MAY 31, 2024 | DEARBORN

Ford Performance reveals its F-150 Lightning SuperTruck EV demonstrator in camouflage ahead of testing next week as it returns to "America's Mountain” , the world famous Pikes Peak. Romain Dumas, current Pikes Peak International Hill Climb record holder, will pilot the demonstrator through the main event June 23, 2024.

Vehicle Details:

• The Ford Performance Motorsports EV demonstrator takes its inspiration from the F-150 Lightning and is developed in partnership with STARD.
  • The vehicle’s aerodynamic features have been developed to reach 6,000 lbs of downforce at 150 mph, integral for its efforts at Pikes Peak.
Technology and Research Development:

• EV demonstrator programs directly advances electric powertrain research and development.
  • Insights from the Pikes Peak program will inform software calibration and battery cell chemistry for production vehicles as well as future race programs.
Previous Pikes Peak Achievements:

• In 2023, Ford's Electric SuperVan 4.2 set a new Open Class record at Pikes Peak with an 8:47.682 ET in the 20km course.
  • F-150 Lightning Demonstrators:
  • F-150 Lightning SuperTruck follows Switchgear, the high-performance on- and off-road demonstrator developed in partnership with RTR.
  • The Ford F-150 Lightning Switchgear, revealed January 2024, is based on a production Lightning platform and enhanced with a bolstered suspension, carbon composite panels, skid plates and more to expand the limits and expectations of electric vehicles.
Research in Motorsports:

• Ford Performance’s motorsport efforts reinforce our commitment and belief that harnessing the technology and expertise from our race vehicles helps elevate our entire lineup.

SuperTruck Camo Social.jpg

SuperTruck Camo Reveal.jpg

SuperTruck Camo Side.jpg

SuperTruck Camo Wing.jpg

SuperTruck Camo Rear.jpg

SuperTruck Camo Front Feature.jpg

SuperTruck Camo Rear Feature.jpg
That’s as close to a Lightning as I am to Ryan Reynolds.

All I need is more muscle, a facelift, goofy personality, lose a bunch of weight, get much more athletic, get abs, reshape myself to have that V look, learn to act, start a gin business, buy a mobile company, and…obtain a bunch of money.

I mean we’re basically the same thing.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning

All I need is more muscle, a facelift, goofy personality, lose a bunch of weight, get much more athletic, get abs, reshape myself to have that V look, learn to act, start a gin business, buy a mobile company, and…obtain a bunch of money.

As long as they make an Off Road version of the Lightning in the next build, I’m in…not a racing Lightning…an off road Lightning that can tow 200 miles and get 450 to 500 miles of range…winner, winner French fried tater dinner.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner

Agreed!!
You’re already married to a movie star??🤔

Sponsored

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick

For real, I theorized this thing could be a preview of t3. That seems more likely now seeing as this thing literally doesn't share a single visual cue with the current lightning. Whereas Ford's other high performance demonstrators clearly shared visual cues with the cars they were based on, just with insane areo added on.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
For real, I theorized this thing could be a preview of t3. That seems more likely now seeing as this thing literally doesn't share a single visual cue with the current lightning. Whereas Ford's other high performance demonstrators clearly shared visual cues with the cars they were based on, just with insane areo added on.
Are you drinking the
Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator IMG_5417

or did you find the

Ford F-150 Lightning First Look: Ford F-150 Lightning Supertruck EV Demonstrator IMG_5418

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
After extensive review of the photos, I finally found the things that are the same as the Lightning.

1. They used the same font for the logo.

2. They both have the number 150 written on the side.

3. If you look closely, I think they have the same sized lug nuts on the wheels.

Sponsored

Stevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
After extensive review of the photos, I finally found the things that are the same as the Lightning.

1. They used the same font for the logo.

2. They both have the number 150 written on the side.

3. If you look closely, I think they have the same sized lug nuts on the wheels.
4. The notch where the frunk button is located is the same shape.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
And there's no place to hang a pine tree air freshener either.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
So Ford is going to make a single cab Long bed Lightning? Finally!

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
I can hear it now,"that's not a real lightning!". And is that guy wearing the helmet from the Space Balls movie?
Sponsored