• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Ha... YOU first. No way I'm installing a Tesla charger port on my truck. I doubt it's simply that simple. Lots of chipsets, software, etc...
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
It's a bummer (but not surprising) that manufacturers didn't standardize the location of the charge port on EVs to accommodate charging stalls without excessive cord lengths. Kind of like how you get caught off guard trying to gas up a rental car when the cap is on the passenger side.
Or the drivers side if you are driving a Ford or GM product. It’s funny watching folks stretch their gas hoses across their cars at the Costco gas stations - even when there are no lines. I guess folks do not pay attention to the little arrow in the fuel gauge.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I wish there was a standardized plug. I guess it's good we've at least narrowed it roughly down to two. My issue with Tesla and the NACS that their drivers love is that those of us driving non-teslas can't use it. Unless I'm missing something, NACS is worthless while no one else is allowed to interface with it on DC Fast Chargers. If Tesla really did open the Standard up, and anyone of use could go use it then I'd accept using an adapter. That said, I do like how Tesla handles charging. I wish I could just save my Payment Info inside the truck so that when I click the charger in, the station automatically knows to bill me. Failing that, I've never understood why you can't just tap your card at a station. All this App business is annoying to have on my phone.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I wish there was a standardized plug. I guess it's good we've at least narrowed it roughly down to two. My issue with Tesla and the NACS that their drivers love is that those of us driving non-teslas can't use it. Unless I'm missing something, NACS is worthless while no one else is allowed to interface with it on DC Fast Chargers. If Tesla really did open the Standard up, and anyone of use could go use it then I'd accept using an adapter. That said, I do like how Tesla handles charging. I wish I could just save my Payment Info inside the truck so that when I click the charger in, the station automatically knows to bill me. Failing that, I've never understood why you can't just tap your card at a station. All this App business is annoying to have on my phone.
EVGO has worked well for me with plug & charge. Just plug in & it starts charging after you have set it up in the app

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
There are extensions for J1772 and Tesla DC charging. You can get the parts to build a CCS cable too... It is only a matter of time until someone builds a DC fast charging extension cord.
Ford F-150 Lightning First Tesla Supercharger Location With "Magic Dock" CCS Compatible Plug Discovered 1675137654904

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
There are extensions for J1772 and Tesla DC charging. You can get the parts to build a CCS cable too... It is only a matter of time until someone builds a DC fast charging extension cord.
1675137654904.png
Can't wait to see that 40 amp rated cord have 150k+ kWh pushed through it. I hope they film it.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
1675137654904.png
This is not practical. It would need to have an active cooling system for the cable and plugs.
Sponsored