• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I thought Tesla rates varied depending on the day / week and time of day ?

Tesla owners want to chime in on this ?
Yes, they do. And I believe the rates for the others using the superchargers will vary as well.
Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Having additional options is usually not a bad thing. I rarely charge away from my home, but part of that reason is because the place we often travel for road trips is a dead zone. If Tesla opened up even just a couple of chargers in the Ocean City, MD area, it would make a world of difference.
From my direction coming from northern DE it would be great if Royal Farms would figure out their networks...pretty sure like every other RoFo has ChargePoint DC fast chargers but they've been down forever looking to replace Chargepoint as the supplier or something?

Annoying since that is pretty much the only option for non-Teslas on the stretch from DE to OCMD.

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
VERY NICE!!! Makes me excited and I'm sure pisses off Tesla owners!!

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I was shocked at how low the rates are!

Much cheaper than what I pay at EVGo ($0.69/kWh) at peak hours.
Maybe I'm missing something ?
If I look up your nearest location in the EVGo app it says $0.59 / kW and that's without a plan,
if you sign up for the same $13/month plan the rates appear to be $0.28-0.39 @ peak and $0.22-0.30 off peak.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Maybe I'm missing something ?
If I look up your nearest location in the EVGo app it says $0.59 / kW and that's without a plan,
if you sign up for the same $13/month plan the rates appear to be $0.28-0.39 @ peak and $0.22-0.30 off peak.
Peak rates vary from $0.56 to $0.66 / kWh.
When you add in the $0.99 session fee, the one I go to has $0.66 / kWh + session fee = $0.69/kWH.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock IMG_75B99D79C3FA-1

Sponsored

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
GM 23 (ish)
I will never say again I love a vehicle having burnt through two GMC‘s in one year total engine failures. I have no complaints whatsoever about the lightning, issues, yes, minor minor. But Collingwood is no charging hotspot, like the rest of Ontario. I live in Craigleith. The best charging there is my house. I have not charged at the tesla chargers there, as, along with the rest of Canada, they are not CCS and are not going to charge your lightning in any year soon. The best charging in Collingwood is at the Canadian tire for non-tesla but it is only 50 kW. The best charger between Toronto and Collingwood is in Barrie at 350 kW. I charged there once, very good. You have to have, in Canada, charger at your house, your cottage, your ski, chalet, and everywhere else . Level three charging is abysmal, Ivy, which was and is owned by OPG and Hydro one is an absolute failure and is currently saying it is free, but literally 80% of the Chargers on the major highways do not work, so you are on your own The only decent ones are Petro Canada, electrify Canada, electrify America

(Um Um UmTrudeau wants everyone to have an EV, it will work for me, but where the rest of the country charges is beyond me.

If you ski, look me look me up I am at Craigleith

PS yes I would take the lightning over the Tesla Y
Thank you for the feedback Crmnl!

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
My 2021 Lariat 2.7, crew cab 4x4 and 502A package could get 22 mpg on the expressway at the same speed my Lariat Lightning gets 2 miles per kWh. Gas by me is 2.91 a gallon. So...

2.91 ÷ 22 = 13.22 cents a mile
0.52 ÷ 2 = 26 cents a mile
Wow! That's a high price per kWh! My price per kWh is 4.2 cents, so in your example above at 2 miles per kWh, my cost per mile is 2.1 cents. And the added benefit of not melting the icecaps. The super charger network is extensive so this is a great thing for road trips if they roll it out more widely. EA always seems to have stations not in service.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
Yikes. I guess it’s not surprising that they charge more per kWh for non teslas, but I don’t think many people will be using Lightnings on road trips if it’s almost twice the cost of driving a gas truck at $3/gallon
I agree $.52/kwh is ridiculous and it looks like the changing rate was 32 kwh. Good grief if you needed just 64 kwh used it would take 2 hours. I'd say Elon Musk is rubbing salt into non-tesla owners lack of charging stations. Oh well revamping their chargers had to have cost a pretty buck, I don't believe there will be very many non-tesla owners footing the bill.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
Surprised about the fuss over pricing. I get it that some want to charge full time at public chargers, go for it. The only way to have a cost efficient EV experience is to charge at home.

With my savings from home and my very poor experience from EA and Francis Energy the Tesla chargers will be my absolute first and only charger to ever visit again if they are where I need them.
I charge at hone at $.08/kwh, there's no way I'll even pay $.31/kwh let alone $.52/kwh and then charge at 32 kwh if you needed to charge from 20% to 80% would take just under 2 hours.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I charge at hone at $.08/kwh, there's no way I'll even pay $.31/kwh let alone $.52/kwh and then charge at 32 kwh if you needed to charge from 20% to 80% would take just under 2 hours.
But for long trips, you're going to have to charge away from home, have you found low cost options on your long trips?

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
But for long trips, you're going to have to charge away from home, have you found low cost options on your long trips?
I'm 73 retired, my traveling days are over. I purchased my lightning to use locally, and to save money on fuel, and maintenance required on ICE vehicles. My 2014 F150 that I traded in, only got 10 mpg & even less when I towed my trailer. I pay around $4 to drive my lightning 100 miles. This is better fuel economy than the 50 mpg my prius got, that I also traded in. Then the savings on all the maintenance my ICE vehicles required, I'm saving a good amount of money. I bought at MSRP, so unlike other vehicles depreciating when I drove off the lot, my lightning increased in value. If I was still traveling, I wouldn't have purchased my lightning. Infrastructure just isn't ready yet .

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I'm 73 retired, my traveling days are over. I purchased my lightning to use locally, and to save money on fuel, and maintenance required on ICE vehicles. My 2014 F150 that I traded in, only got 10 mpg & even less when I towed my trailer. I pay around $4 to drive my lightning 100 miles. This is better fuel economy than the 50 mpg my prius got, that I also traded in. Then the savings on all the maintenance my ICE vehicles required, I'm saving a good amount of money. I bought at MSRP, so unlike other vehicles depreciating when I drove off the lot, my lightning increased in value. If I was still traveling, I wouldn't have purchased my lightning. Infrastructure just isn't ready yet .
Contrast my situation, young retired at 60, traveling a lot, plan to make 13 towing trips this race season if I ever get the engine finished, infrastructure in southern New England is OK but there is no way I could pull it off with out mid-trip charging which even at 24 soon to be 29 cent an hour is still a lot cheaper than my PSD, in Mass the toll rate of cents/hours is an extraordinary savings over my home grid charging, (no solar). We're all saving to a degree but you have it best for your use pattern. Enjoy!!!

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
Contrast my situation, young retired at 60, traveling a lot, plan to make 13 towing trips this race season if I ever get the engine finished, infrastructure in southern New England is OK but there is no way I could pull it off with out mid-trip charging which even at 24 soon to be 29 cent an hour is still a lot cheaper than my PSD, in Mass the toll rate of cents/hours is an extraordinary savings over my home grid charging, (no solar). We're all saving to a degree but you have it best for your use pattern. Enjoy!!!
It sounds like you're still enjoying traveling, that's great. I do have enough solar that powers my home, so my electric bill is just for what my truck uses. Safe driving out there on the road.
Sponsored