• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fits in garage..

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
He can, just not fully open it, at least he can sneak out to garage.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
He can, just not fully open it, at least he can sneak out to garage.
Depends an just how big of an ol boy Jim is. The overhead door looks fully open. LOL

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Careful you don't accidentally hit that Wegman's sampler pack with the door, those things are expensive now!

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
The door goes to the basement, but it does open. The picture is deceiving, the opens about 1/2 way. Plenty of room for normal people traffic just not enough if you need to carry through large items. I have since put a 4x6 rubber square on the door where it makes contact with the bumper and posted a sign on the inside to "open slowly".

Sponsored
OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Depends an just how big of an ol boy Jim is. The overhead door looks fully open. LOL
Skinny runner guy, 6' and 165lbs. Doors is open so my wife could pull in her Nautilus. Overhead closed fine smarty pants.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I would think about that door into the house, how far it opens, and getting out in an emergency. That would concern me a great deal.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would think about that door into the house, how far it opens, and getting out in an emergency. That would concern me a great deal.
There is always someone who has to piss on the cheerios. That is the door to the basement. The main door from the garage to the living area of house is not visible in that picture and has no access issues. We have four other doors in the house that lead outside. In my 58 years of living this is the first house I ever had with a door to my basement in my garage, so I guess those homes were even more unsafe and honestly none of my family members have a house with a garage door to the basement. As I stated the door opens enough for easy access of people, you just couldn't carry a couch through door. So if im trying to escape in emgerency carrying the couch im screwed.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I need to get a setup like that! I make sure I skip seconds at dinner time. 😀

Happy you fit it! Would love a garage for mine, unfortunately it sits in the open at my house in the driveway.

Last edited:

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
There is always someone who has to piss on the cheerios. That is the door to the basement. The main door from the garage to the living area of house is not visible in that picture and has no access issues. We have four other doors in the house that lead outside. In my 58 years of living this is the first house I ever had with a door to my basement in my garage, so I guess those homes were even more unsafe and honestly none of my family members have a house with a garage door to the basement. As I stated the door opens enough for easy access of people, you just couldn't carry a couch through door. So if im trying to escape in emgerency carrying the couch im screwed.
Personally i would take the TV but thats just me.

Sponsored

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
Sure you have thought about this but the only thing that bothers me is the cable dragging on the ground. Long term this can become an issue. I would try to hang it up so it become even easier.

But otherwise nice set up looking good.
Ford F-150 Lightning Fits in garage.. 1669997354465

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sure you have thought about this but the only thing that bothers me is the cable dragging on the ground. Long term this can become an issue. I would try to hang it up so it become even easier.

But otherwise nice set up looking good.
1669997354465.png
Thanks, I planned on something like that and probaly the old tennis ball or such hanging from ceiling to stop me from backing up too far.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
My issue was more of a width-fit issue, so I ended up buying two of these: https://stkrconcepts.com/pages/adjustable-garage-side-parking-sensor

Easy to install…infinitly adjustable….they have saved the mirrors and the body side panels on both my Lightning, and Honda Accord that parks beside it, many times over the past 4 months👍👍

They also make a head-in/back-in approach version

Last edited: