• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fold Flat Work Surface Console Lid

vandyman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Anyone have a fold flat console lid they want to sell or know where I can get one? I have a 2022 Pro with the fold down shifter and really would like to buy the fold out work surface lid if I can find one reasonable. Thank you
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I thought Ford accessories sold those.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Anyone have a fold flat console lid they want to sell or know where I can get one? I have a 2022 Pro with the fold down shifter and really would like to buy the fold out work surface lid if I can find one reasonable. Thank you
Have you checked the install process on that...

It's not a 5 minute swap.

OP
OP

vandyman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
I haven't no, was told by my friend that said he did his it was easy? He lucked out and found one in a scrap yard already

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Totally doable, but definitely a hassle.

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
It would have been so much easier if Ford just made this standard on the Pro :cautious:. Would have gladly given up the frunk power lift for this. That said, this is probably a worthwhile DIY mod. Thanks for sharing.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
It would have been so much easier if Ford just made this standard on the Pro :cautious:. Would have gladly given up the frunk power lift for this. That said, this is probably a worthwhile DIY mod. Thanks for sharing.
And on my Lariat ER I would have gladly not had it at all since I know I will never use it, but was forced to take it just like I was forced to take the moonroof I'll never use. I would have been just as happy with a rotary knob like my Mach-E has. The shift handle is electronic anyway, and the folding mechanism that I never fold for any reason adds unnecessary complexity. It could just as well have been a knob. Could have used another storage hole or phone holder in the recess taken up by where the shift handle is supposed to hide. Truth be told if I'd been given the opportunity to get a Pro ER with tech I would have done that.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
And on my Lariat ER I would have gladly not had it at all since I know I will never use it, but was forced to take it just like I was forced to take the moonroof I'll never use. I would have been just as happy with a rotary knob like my Mach-E has. The shift handle is electronic anyway, and the folding mechanism that I never fold for any reason adds unnecessary complexity. It could just as well have been a knob. Could have used another storage hole or phone holder in the recess taken up by where the shift handle is supposed to hide. Truth be told if I'd been given the opportunity to get a Pro ER with tech I would have done that.
I could have written this post! 😄

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Ford was too busy making Lariat and Platinum trims to try and maximize profits rather than listen to their customers. A great number of us would have bought the Pro and paid for upgrades. Most of us truck guys don’t want or need $80k+ trucks filled with moonroofs and ass massagers. I hope Ford gets their head out of their a$$ for the next generation truck.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ford was too busy making Lariat and Platinum trims to try and maximize profits rather than listen to their customers. A great number of us would have bought the Pro and paid for upgrades. Most of us truck guys don’t want or need $80k+ trucks filled with moonroofs and ass massagers. I hope Ford gets their head out of their a$$ for the next generation truck.
On the other hand, I'm enjoying my $46k truck that I can pick and choose the mods I want to add with ForScan without needing to spend $80k.

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Benny, looks like you were one of the lucky ones that got to order one of the 100 or so Pros they made !

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
On the other hand, I'm enjoying my $46k truck that I can pick and choose the mods I want to add with ForScan without needing to spend $80k.
What have you added with ForScan since getting it?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
What have you added with ForScan since getting it?
OEM Bed Lights, Glare Free Headlights, Rain Sensing Wipers, changed various settings such as Courtesy Wipe Timer, Turn Signal Blinks for Lane Changes, front windows up/down with KeyFob...and a couple more in the near future (including heated leather steering wheel).

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Benny, looks like you were one of the lucky ones that got to order one of the 100 or so Pros they made !
No argument there. I used all my luck up in life, I no longer buy lottery tickets.
Sponsored