• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford….. Get Rid of your Deal with SunRun

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I didn't say it's mandatory, but it does have to come from Sun Run, you can't get it at delivery and you don't get it from Ford. You can use your own electrician, but you still have to wait on Sun Run to deliver it. The system is broken, and I don't see it getting fixed for any of the 2022 deliveries.
My licensed electrician has quoted an installation price and is waiting for me to give him the charger. I hope the spare tire and back seat arrive with the truck. I don’t really need them to use the truck but would be nice to have them.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Nope. I expect them to relay the information. Similar to our salespeople. Most customer visits were to gather information and build relationships. Business direction was aided by them bringing us information, like customer opinions and needs.
Unfortunately that's not how the Ford account on here works. There is a 3rd party company that interfaces with the forum and puts people in touch with Ford customer experience representatives who collect information and......tell you to visit your dealer. They can assist in opening a case and relaying the information to the dealer but as of now that's all they do.

However there are other Ford people on here and reading that do relay information to the correct teams.

LazyElectrons

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 17 Exploder Sport
I had my SunRun sales call on 5/20. Figured what the heck I’ll have them install solar, intelligent backup power, and the CSP. Sales guy’s computer wouldn’t give him an estimate. Still waiting for a call back.

ftms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
I am looking at solar for my house in NH and every solar company i mention SunRun to says the same thing check their service ratings. It is horrible and they are right. I did contact them about a complete system but i have not heard a pep from them in 2 months.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I didn't say it's mandatory, but it does have to come from Sun Run, you can't get it at delivery and you don't get it from Ford. You can use your own electrician, but you still have to wait on Sun Run to deliver it. The system is broken, and I don't see it getting fixed for any of the 2022 deliveries. The post about ordering direct from Ford was a Canada customer, the process is different up there.
Well, Ford chose to do it the correct way for our respected Canadian 🇨🇦 brothers and sisters…let the customer use the Ford Canada web site to make the choice of whether to use the preferred installer or not instead of the other way around. Ford Canada must be a little more customer-centric🤔

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Spoke with SunRun today because we are past the 'permitting' stage. They said they are waiting for the chargers from Ford and expect them in about two weeks. Delivery of my truck is expected in two weeks.

If Ford can achieve the 150,000 units annually, SunRun will not be able to keep up. I know that it is a new partnership and process, but 3,000 a week? Nah, I don't see it.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I don't understand how anyone from Ford thinks that delivering vehicles with no mechanism to charge them at home is a good customer experience. SunRun doesn't operate in my area, ,but I am unable to prepare my house ahead of time. I don't drive enough that it'll be a huge issue, but it just downright sucks.

I am also fully expecting their "we'll ship within a few days after delivery" to slip into weeks or months post vehicle delivery. I would rather Ford just credit us $1k off of the vehicle and let us get our own charger.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
There's a 32 Amp EVSE packed with the truck, isn't there?
Yep, but I understand the angst and disappointment. I, and expect many others, do not have an existing 240V/50A circuit in my garage to use while I wait 2+??? weeks for the Charge Pro to arrive. My electrician will charge me an extra trip charge to come out a second time to install the unit if he pre-installs the wiring. Distribution of an intricate item like the promised Charge Station Pro should have been better executed for a $50-90K purchase. I too am a little disappoinoted in Ford…..

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Spoke with SunRun today because we are past the 'permitting' stage. They said they are waiting for the chargers from Ford and expect them in about two weeks. Delivery of my truck is expected in two weeks.

If Ford can achieve the 150,000 units annually, SunRun will not be able to keep up. I know that it is a new partnership and process, but 3,000 a week? Nah, I don't see it.
All Lightning buyers won’t be getting the Charge Station Pro. It won’t be anywhere near 150,000 anytime soon. But I agree, SunRun won’t be able to handle even a fraction of that number.

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]

You can wire your 100 Amp circuit and use a 14-50 receptacle. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Yeah, it's passed my mind, but I was going to have an electrician wire both at the same time. I don't even think we have enough information to run wire for the 100 amp circuit do we? ie. do we even know if you can use Aluminum? It's just a frustrating process for their flagship product.

I guess I'll make do with 120v charging and maybe an occasionally DCFC until Sunrun is able to deliver what I paid for.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

You can wire your 100 Amp circuit and use a 14-50 receptacle. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Did that myself today.
not Sure why I got it done - haha, truck has been sitting 5 weeks in Dearborn so I still have time.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Yeah, it's passed my mind, but I was going to have an electrician wire both at the same time. I don't even think we have enough information to run wire for the 100 amp circuit do we? ie. do we even know if you can use Aluminum? It's just a frustrating process for their flagship product.

I guess I'll make do with 120v charging and maybe an occasionally DCFC until Sunrun is able to deliver what I paid for.
sure you have enough info. Use aluminum save money.
100 amp corcuit, L1,L2, grnd- from what the electricians have said if charger states copper you add junction box goes last few inches/foot with copper.
my run is 150’ - so aluminum saved some money.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The problem is we don’t know what happens to the Chargers once we decided we don’t want SunRun installing it. My understanding is in all cases Ford is going to ship to SunRun and then SunRun to us? Or SunRun let’s Ford know we don’t want their service and Ford ships to us? Either way, SunRun shouldnt be involved unless we choose to use them.

My experience with them so far has been infuriating. From the moment they sent someone who said “we don’t do chargers, and I don’t know why I am here exactly” to today: “this is new to us, so we are still trying to figure it out” and all I was asking for was a quote that my “advisor” said would take less than a day to get. Two voice messages and 3 “we’ll leave a message for him” to my “advisor”. I haven’t received a call or email. These 5 attempts to reach him have been spread out over a month so it’s not like I’m calling him everyday.

We are only handful right now, what is going to happen when the 2023’s come around? @Ford Motor Company I hope you are paying attention.

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
My reading of it is that Ford never touches Charge Station Pros. They just give ‘go/no go‘ to SunRun or AEE to ship them out once they are in stock in a month or so.
Sponsored