• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford apparently won't honor price shown at time of order

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
It’s possible that when you changed your order by adding the spray in bed liner and removing the charger that your order then became subjected to the new increased price. Another forum member recently posted this exact scenario and warned against making any changes to an existing order if a subsequent price increase had been announced by Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benderofbows

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
It’s possible that when you changed your order by adding the spray in bed liner and removing the charger that your order then became subjected to the new increased price. Another forum member recently posted this exact scenario and warned against making any changes to an existing order if a subsequent price increase had been announced by Ford.
That would be an expensive bed liner lol

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
That is true. I made two changes to my order and both times my dealer warned me that any changes to my order would result in a price increase on my order if there had been a price increase by ford.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
I think your dealer is confused or is adding ADM and trying to blame Ford.

Your actual price should be what you see on your order page, unless there is a "difference from MSRP" charge listed there.

They can try to charge you additional markup when you pick up the order, but this is the dealer's prerogative, not Ford's.

I suppose it's possible that your order got flagged by Ford for additional scrutiny and that the dealer didn't respond in a timely manner, thus locking you into the higher price.

I would consider calling the Ford customer care hotline to see if they can provide any additional information. @FordVideoGuy on YouTube will also try to help people make sense of situations like this when the dealer seems clueless.
Oddly I had the opposite experience -- the order page showed a $5k "difference from MSRP" that the dealer said was automatically placed by their system (as they usually charge ADM on F150's) but my actual transaction was at MSRP.

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
I think your dealer is confused or is adding ADM and trying to blame Ford.

Your actual price should be what you see on your order page, unless there is a "difference from MSRP" charge listed there.

They can try to charge you additional markup when you pick up the order, but this is the dealer's prerogative, not Ford's.

I suppose it's possible that your order got flagged by Ford for additional scrutiny and that the dealer didn't respond in a timely manner, thus locking you into the higher price.

I would consider calling the Ford customer care hotline to see if they can provide any additional information. @FordVideoGuy on YouTube will also try to help people make sense of situations like this when the dealer seems clueless.
That is correct, your MSRP on your order should be what it was WHEN you ordered not what it is now. If the dealer is not honoring that it is on them, that is not the correct thing to do.

Sponsored
OP
OP
benderofbows

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is correct, your MSRP on your order should be what it was WHEN you ordered not what it is now. If the dealer is not honoring that it is on them, that is not the correct thing to do.
Thank you. The dealership provided a sheet showing the current MSRP. I sent them the order information and asked them to check back with Ford. How does the dealer pull up the lower MSRP? Will Ford invoice the dealer based on the order MSRP?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Thank you. The dealership provided a sheet showing the current MSRP. I sent them the order information and asked them to check back with Ford. How does the dealer pull up the lower MSRP? Will Ford invoice the dealer based on the order MSRP?
See post #9...

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Is there a thread about the Pro order glitch to learn more?

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford
The dealer should have received a DORA sheet when the order was placed and accepted. If they can't find it, the dealer can get one printed from that time. Ford recently gave dealers access to print past DORA sheets.

OP
OP
benderofbows

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The dealer should have received a DORA sheet when the order was placed and accepted. If they can't find it, the dealer can get one printed from that time. Ford recently gave dealers access to print past DORA sheets.
Thank you!
Sponsored