• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Branded Tonneau Cover Options

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2023 F150 Lightning XLT -Ordered 10/3/23
I’m looking for a tonneau cover, this is my 3rd Ford and I have a good amount of FordPass rewards points so would prefer to get through the accessories site… the pictures and descriptions on the website aren’t great, are there pros/cons to any of these 3 roll up covers or the 1 soft folding?

It’s something I’ll keep on through the fall and winter months, so it’ll possibly hold some snow weight. I’ll roll it back on weekends to get a bike in and out. Over the summer it’ll most likely stay off or rolled up most of the time, which is sort of limiting me from getting the folding one.

For those who’ve purchased any of these 4 - good, bad or indifferent?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded Tonneau Cover Options IMG_6904

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded Tonneau Cover Options IMG_6902

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded Tonneau Cover Options IMG_6903

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded Tonneau Cover Options IMG_6904
Sponsored

htobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
We opted for the top of the line light weight hard cover. You loose a little bed space, but we are quite pleased with it

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I went for the Revolver 4, ( a roll-up) much better than my multi-fold cover I had on last F150. It works in freezing weather, has lots of aluminum cross- slats for security. As my foldup aged, water got into the foam of the panels, making them heavy, and hardware at hinges fell off. I would not buy another of that type. The only drawback of my rollup cover is, you are only supposed to drive with it either covering the bed or completely rolled up and strapped using straps that came with it.

OP
OP
hls811

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2023 F150 Lightning XLT -Ordered 10/3/23
Just updating for anyone else who may be looking in the future; I called and spoke with a Truxedo rep for clarification:

XLP model is closest to the X15. The main difference being the material - X15 is the "canvas-like" material, XLP uses the more traditional vinyl.
SKU: VJL3Z84501A42B

The Platinum is based off the TruXedo Edge, which is a model they no longer make.
SKU: VJL3Z84501A42C

The baVFL3Z84501A42EAsic one is based off the TruXport.
SKU:

One thing she did point out was that even though they are made by TruXedo, for any issues/warranties you'd have to go through the dealer, not TruXedo directly. Princes are similiar, so something worth considering if you aren't going to use Fordpass points.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I bought the multi-fold soft cover. If fit and finish are important to you then I wouldn’t recommend the multi-fold soft cover, the fabric puffs up at the joints, the fabric flaps in the wind and the fabric sticks up at the bracing. If aesthetics aren’t that important to you, the multi-fold cover is surprisingly strong, is lightweight and very easy to install and remove.

The multi-fold soft cover is also one of least expensive covers. The big thing for me was I wanted to be able to remove the cover quickly by myself and I can do that with the multi-fold soft cover. The multi-fold soft cover does a good job of keeping the rain and snow out of the bed but an awful amount of dust gets pulled into the bed on dirt roads, not really an issue with the cover itself.

Getting dirt pulled into the bed on dirt roads when using a tonneau cover is probably worthy of its own thread but I will go ahead and mention it here to see where it goes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep dust to of the bed on dirt roads? It may sound trivial but when you are planning something that needs a clean bed it’s a lot of work getting that dust out and we are talking about very fine dust that sticks to everything.

Sponsored

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
I went with Fords Rev hard roll-up. I'm very please with it so far.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have the Rev ford branded folding hard cover. I love it. Only time it ever leaked was a serious storm and I was parked downhill steeply.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Branded Tonneau Cover Options 1704471114327

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Getting dirt pulled into the bed on dirt roads when using a tonneau cover is probably worthy of its own thread but I will go ahead and mention it here to see where it goes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep dust to of the bed on dirt roads? It may sound trivial but when you are planning something that needs a clean bed it’s a lot of work getting that dust out and we are talking about very fine dust that sticks to everything.
I think I figured out how to keep dust out of the bed. Dirt gets sucked into the bed through the crack between the tail gate and the bed because the tonneau cover creates a vacuum in the bed. I think if I roll back the tonneau cover on dirt roads the air will hit tailgate creating a positive pressure keeping the dirt out.

I don’t know if this will work but it’s worth a try.
Sponsored