• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
"After 120 years, we've seen a lot of competition," says Ford CEO Jim Farley to Yahoo Finance Executive Editor Brian Sozzi in the grand hall of the newly refurbished Michigan Central station.

The historic building is, in many ways, the crown jewel of the automaker’s new $1 billion Detroit-based campus. Ford’s 30-acre innovation district, centered around the station, will serve as a base for developing its autonomous and electric vehicle businesses. The development serves as something of an emblem for Ford’s future ambitions, much of that, today, takes the form of the push into the EV space. "It was Bill Ford's vision to make the commitment to revitalize this building," says Farley.

In a wide-ranging interview, Farley discusses everything from demand, the upcoming Presidential election... and whether or not Tesla CEO Elon Musk texts him back.

Some notable quotes:

-- "We think almost half of American's would save money buying an EV; Customers who buy a Mach-E or F-150 Lightning don't go back to an ICE vehicle; We're #2 in EVs in the US behind Tesla. A long way behind, but we're still there."

-- "We have ~100,000 applications for the (Supercharger) adapter; We are the first manufacturer to scale on the Supercharger network. It's going well so far. We really appreciate working with Tesla."

Sponsored

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
IMO Things are going to get better. I know we are all frustrated waiting on our adapters, software, parts for some, etc. but they will get production ramped up and then in a few months we will have forgotten about how long we had to wait! I’m sure those of you that were on the original preproduction order list can probably attest to that. Even though the Explorer was released in Europe and not here that kind of gives you an idea of things to come. OK maybe not forget but it will not be as big of a deal when we are not waiting for things anymore!!

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
The inventory of used 2022 Lightnings with low miles says otherwise.....
Really? You can tell that from a stock number? Pretty sure the most I have ever seen is “one owner”….

Maybe some were people that moved up to Rivian or even the CT? Maybe some realized they didn’t need a truck and went down to a MY or MME? 🤷‍♂️

See I am good at guessing too🤫🥳

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I think it does have a lot to do with going elsewhere. Now that our household has an EV I'm itching to get a second one. Been looking at Kia EV9 or MME. Unfortunately until an EV can get 200+ miles in cold weather we won't make the jump. But as soon as a company makes an EV SUV that can achieve the 200+ in cold weather, we will be.

Sponsored

1TouchAV

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat White Lightning
Occupation
Smart Home Engineer
I love my 22’ that was the 1st delivered to South Florida and it only has 10k miles bc I treat it like the exotic vehicle it is my good sir.

For recreational driving I use the work car or wife’s car.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think it does have a lot to do with going elsewhere. Now that our household has an EV I'm itching to get a second one. Been looking at Kia EV9 or MME. Unfortunately until an EV can get 200+ miles in cold weather we won't make the jump. But as soon as a company makes an EV SUV that can achieve the 200+ in cold weather, we will be.
Rivian R1S has that cold weather range.. EV9 might as well, but I am not sure. MME California Route 1 should also be able to hit 200mi in the cold.

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
My Kia EV6 easily got well above 200 in Maine Winters.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I love my 22’ that was the 1st delivered to South Florida and it only has 10k miles bc I treat it like the exotic vehicle it is my good sir.
That's great for you. But the quantity of people who preordered and bought a 22, then said not for me was very very high. Plus all lemon buy back

1TouchAV

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat White Lightning
Occupation
Smart Home Engineer
That's great for you. But the quantity of people who preordered and bought a 22, then said not for me was very very high. Plus all lemon buy back
Noted. In that regard I was lucky. Phenomenal truck for me.
Sponsored