• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford no longer offering price protection on model year price increases?

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
Hi all, I just got off the phone with a service rep from Ford about some of the price increases that have happened on my F150 lightning order since placing my initial order. They've confirmed that when I placed my order the starting MSRP was $46,974, but mentioned Ford is no longer offering price protection on model year price increases, so I will have to be the increased price upon taking delivery. I'm reading many things that say this is not true, but this is what I heard from a Ford Rep and my Dealer is telling me the same thing. Is this true?
Sponsored

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lightning Lariat,ā€˜21 Bronco, ā€˜17 F350, ā€˜76 K20
Occupation
IT
Hi all, I just got off the phone with a service rep from Ford about some of the price increases that have happened on my F150 lightning order since placing my initial order. They've confirmed that when I placed my order the starting MSRP was $46,974, but mentioned Ford is no longer offering price protection on model year price increases, so I will have to be the increased price upon taking delivery. I'm reading many things that say this is not true, but this is what I heard from a Ford Rep and my Dealer is telling me the same thing. Is this true?
I heard a couple months ago that they were going to cease price protection as well.

First Name
Aren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clarity, Frontier, GX470, 128i, Cooper S
Did you also get a order update email last night and the change was just the pricing?

OP
OP

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
Did you also get a order update email last night and the change was just the pricing?
I did get an email about an update to my order, but my price didn't change as it was already bumped up. Not sure why I received the order update email as nothing changed on mine.

Reactions: s_c

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I see more and more customers not taking delivery of their trucks, mostly due to the price increase and ford dealers around em do have some inventory on their lots. I hope ford is aware that these price increases do sour their customers. I am aware, they clearly stated that the price is not fixed until delivery. Still leaves a bad taste for me.

For myself I know - one more price increase and I will be out. I already had to drop features to make it, but I could not do another price hike.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Model year to model year price protection 2022 to 2023 is only offered with a private offer. It is not an automatic offer. Is that what you mean? Tim Bartz just reposted the normal "in" model year price protection video link on FB.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
You placed your '23 order on what day ?

Assuming you don't have a transitional model year PCO, you are price protected from the date your dealer placed your ROVP/COVP order to Ford.

Can you find out the date from your dealer ?

OP
OP

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
Model year to model year price protection 2022 to 2023 is only offered with a private offer. It is not an automatic offer. Is that what you mean? Tim Bartz just reposted the normal "in" model year price protection video link on FB.
I just watched this. I unfortunately did not get the original order sheet, only after the smart scales were removed which is after the price increase. Is there any way for the dealer to provide my original order sheet showing the correct price? Or am i out of luck since I did not get it before the changes?

MannyG20

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜11 F-150
I see more and more customers not taking delivery of their trucks, mostly due to the price increase and ford dealers around em do have some inventory on their lots. I hope ford is aware that these price increases do sour their customers. I am aware, they clearly stated that the price is not fixed until delivery. Still leaves a bad taste for me.

For myself I know - one more price increase and I will be out. I already had to drop features to make it, but I could not do another price hike.
The price increases have already forced me out. Itā€™s too bad but Iā€™m not crying about it.

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I just watched this. I unfortunately did not get the original order sheet, only after the smart scales were removed which is after the price increase. Is there any way for the dealer to provide my original order sheet showing the correct price? Or am i out of luck since I did not get it before the changes?
When did you get invited to order and when did you place your order?

Sponsored

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
This reads a little confusing. I just spoke with Ford CS Monday and they confirmed that they honor the price at the time the order was placed, and it still says that on the website as of today.

Are you sure they said "Ford is no longer offering price protection on model year price increases"? And if so, could they be saying that for future orders? Also I assume your purchase was not north of the border? Ford Canada is doing things different.

OP
OP

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
This reads a little confusing. I just spoke with Ford CS Monday and they confirmed that they honor the price at the time the order was placed, and it still says that on the website as of today.

Are you sure they said "Ford is no longer offering price protection on model year price increases"? And if so, could they be saying that for future orders? Also I assume your purchase was not north of the border? Ford Canada is doing things different.
I spoke over chat and they told me I was price protected, but to reach out to Ford Marketing HQ to confirm details. This is when the Marketing Rep told me they did away with price protection on the Lightning. Iā€™m in the US and my order was placed in September. I feel like he was not being truthful but my dealer is no help so I canā€™t get any type of confirmation from a Ford affiliate that I am price protected.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I spoke over chat and they told me I was price protected, but to reach out to Ford Marketing HQ to confirm details. This is when the Marketing Rep told me they did away with price protection on the Lightning. Iā€™m in the US and my order was placed in September. I feel like he was not being truthful but my dealer is no help so I canā€™t get any type of confirmation from a Ford affiliate that I am price protected.
If you ordered in September you must not have extended your reservation back in April or before otherwise you would have order in the August Wave 1. You should qualify for price protection on the MSRP increases in Oct and December but you shouldn't qualify for MY 22 to MY 23 private offer of $7000 given to people who extended their reservation. Ford issues the private offer so if you had that the Ford rep could see it. Price protection is not really visible it is just something the dealers should honor.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Just left my dealer and had an overall positive experience. They started off not recognizing the difference between Price Protection and the PCO. Lots of back and forth and they stayed positive and receptive the whole time.
This forum and others like it allowed me to come in PREPARED. They finally agreed I was correct and double checked with their regional representative. Pick it up on Friday!
Shout out to my salesperson listed on the form and sales manager Dean Carlson at Ford City in Champaign, IL. They were great!

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford no longer offering price protection on model year price increases? BF9B0D3E-BD71-43C9-B8FB-625D08292571
Sponsored