• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I just got 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 last week. Will have to see if I can massage it into getting through to this. Would love to have the seat heater on dial and cameras with 1 tap
Sponsored

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
We're not getting updates because we bought our trucks at a loss to Ford. Only those models that made Ford money get cool update love.
Man, you get buttons and such to do things, let them give people with the big screen a better quality of life upgrade, because you already won that game!

But seriously, it sucks you aren't getting the updates, but the latest ones seem designed to make the big screen a bit more user-friendly. I haven't had too much trouble with mine, but I just got the new update today after driving home from work, so I'm excited to see it be a bit more usable. I would love to trade the 15" screen in my truck for a 12" screen and some buttons for HVAC and camera...

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
We're not getting updates because we bought our trucks at a loss to Ford. Only those models that made Ford money get cool update love.
If it makes you feel any better, the 12" screen is far superior to the 15.5". If rather have the hard buttons and the 12" screen has better resolution. My 2021 ICE truck had a clearer picture that was really noticeable when using the 360 cameras.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Kudos on this update, it is a nice change.

One Thing I think they missed: not adding a permanent location with battery charge percent. Maybe next time.
I would like to see that, and a huge miss is the lack of information in the tiles. I can see that I have Sirius on because of the giant Sirus XM logo in the tile but it only gives one line of information. I can see what I'm listening to but not the channel I'm on. There is plenty of space for 2 lines or the logo of the channel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I made a brief video of the the new interface. Excuse the smudges!

My impressions:
  • The annoying sliders for the heated seats and temperature are gone and replaced with soft buttons.
  • Pressing the fan, seat or temperature buttons allows them to be controlled by the volume dial.
  • There is a persistent camera button on the top bar (no more digging through menus!).
  • The settings and vehicle menus are no collapsed into one menu that is easier to navigate. The settings were previously distributed between the menus in a non-logical manner.
  • I couldn't find the Youtube app in any of the menus.
  • Overall, the interface was much snappier and easier to navigate and addresses my biggest complaints about the first interface. Hopefully they'll work on the instrument panel next--they really need to show battery percentages on all screens (not just calm and hands-free modes) and show kW delivered/kW requested when plugged in.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If it makes you feel any better, the 12" screen is far superior to the 15.5". If rather have the hard buttons and the 12" screen has better resolution. My 2021 ICE truck had a clearer picture that was really noticeable when using the 360 cameras.
Agreed! Some of us would kick out the 15” screen to get back to a 12” screen.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Sponsored