• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass not working after Ford Streaming expired

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I've been on 4.1.1 for about a month and it all works... Not to minimize the problems you guys are having. I have plenty of other bugs I'm finding too. I'm having a some phone connectivity and PAAK problems that are really irking me.

FordPass access / cellular / etc.. is included with the navigation subscription as I understand it and that's how it's been on my other recent Fords that have connectivity. So we get 3 years complimentary for that. On my '18 Expedition, I let it expire and the only thing I lost that I actually used by not having FordPass access was the ability to remote-start from the app.

We also have to subscribe to BlueCruise after our complimentary 3 years are up.
Sponsored

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
As an update, disconnecting the 12v battery worked and everything started communicating again. For me it's not a major issue, but being new to the EV scene I like having the ability to monitor my state of charge since we're expecting a significant cold snap and I haven't been able to get a real charger installed yet (keeping her juiced on fairly well on a mobile charger with standard outlet though). Hopefully they fix the problem soon.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Disconnecting negative on the battery (leaving the small connector attached) for 1 minute was sufficient to fix it for me as well.

Edit: After putting battery back in business, I had to push the Frunk closed manually. After that Key FOB worked fine to open and close it.

I definitely wouldn't want to do this regularly since there were some sparks and I don't want to fry any chips in the process.

Last edited:

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I also lost connection yesterday morning for the 3rd time since owning the truck for a month. The first time I resolved it by unplugging the 12v battery. The 2nd time it resolved itself in about 2 days. I was going to wait this out and see if it'll update, but I might not be patient enough for that...

OP
OP

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning, Hyundai Sonata
Wanted to report back. Disconnecting the 12V battery (negative terminal) and reconnecting it fixed the issue. Thanks for the help folks.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm starting a paid subscription to Ford Streaming to experiment with the YouTube app that came in PU 4.1.3

I'll keep the tips you guys shared if I decide to cancel the service later and this issue crops up.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I also lost connection yesterday morning for the 3rd time since owning the truck for a month. The first time I resolved it by unplugging the 12v battery. The 2nd time it resolved itself in about 2 days. I was going to wait this out and see if it'll update, but I might not be patient enough for that...
That is very similair to my experience. I waited a few days on the 3rd time but I had to resort to the battery disconnect on sunday.
Sponsored