• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I was wondering about this the other day. What a great idea.

My only thought is charging them up. Having the vehicle sit idle for 45 minutes would affect things a bit.

But the range on these could be very interesting given all the sitting and stop and go traffic most units are stuck in it could be very interesting.
Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
220-amp DC-DC power source! Any speculation on this? Access? Voltage? Use cases?

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Great….Ford can only build a fraction of the Lightnings they have current demand for, so they introduce a new version to serve a new market! 🤷🏼‍♂️
Police vehicles are "regular" Ford vehicles (in this case the pro) that are modified differently from stock. To my knowledge, this is handled in a different plant/area. These being part of the fleet sales should have no impact on the regular chain.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’m curious about comment that range ratings will be coming later this summer. Does that mean the F150L will be getting a range update for 2023? I think Ford is going to have to increase range and charging speed to compete with the Silverado EV next year.
Potentially just specific to this truck. Given the lightbar and push bar, this probably doesn't get 230 miles.

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I hate this concept with a passion. My taxes keep going up and every cop in the area is driving a new explorer. State cops still drive their old model no problem. But the crime in Illinois suburbs keeps getting worse and worse and they cry they don't have enough of a budget to add more cops. Yet the dealership i ordered my lightning from recieved about 30 LEO explorers since June per the convoy tracker.

Another thing is they are gonna flood the market with these things, and once the car market stabilizes in a couple years, it's gonna kill the resale value of our trucks. Same with fleet rentals. Jesus ford, you rushed this truck to market to beat the competition. Let us lucky owners feel exclusive for a few years and fulfill your 200k reservations before you expand your clientele.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
It better not have the massaging seats that they deleted from a bunch of our upcoming orders. I know you need it for long days on the job Officer, but I ordered it. (and in the case of Platinum, they lured me into upgrading to Platinum for the Max Recline, then pulled it and left me with the Platinum trim and cost)

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I hate this concept with a passion. My taxes keep going up and every cop in the area is driving a new explorer. State cops still drive their old model no problem. But the crime in Illinois suburbs
As a taxpayer, I get your frustration with new vehicles and crime still an issue. However, if those new vehicles are EVs, that's about the biggest carbon impact in the shortest period of time you can have. Plus lower maintenance costs, more responsive vehicles, more ability to use the onboard electricity for emergencies, etc. A cop is using their vehicle far more often than I am - I'd like to see them get their fair share of EVs.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I hate this concept with a passion. My taxes keep going up and every cop in the area is driving a new explorer. State cops still drive their old model no problem. But the crime in Illinois suburbs keeps getting worse and worse and they cry they don't have enough of a budget to add more cops. Yet the dealership i ordered my lightning from recieved about 30 LEO explorers since June per the convoy tracker.

Another thing is they are gonna flood the market with these things, and once the car market stabilizes in a couple years, it's gonna kill the resale value of our trucks. Same with fleet rentals. Jesus ford, you rushed this truck to market to beat the competition. Let us lucky owners feel exclusive for a few years and fulfill your 200k reservations before you expand your clientele.
Talk about first world problems.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Anyone notice the 0-60time? It is the exact same specs as the ER lightning but they are claiming sub 4s times.
It was a poorly written paragraph where they started out talking about a SR Pro and then switched to an ER Police Pro.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Can I get my hands on that push bar, though?
Sponsored