• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
This memo warning against premature sales of Lightning mannequins has been circulated to dealerships from Ford.

FCTP vehicles stand for "Ford Courtesy Transportation Program." Commonly called dealer demos or mannequins around here.

Publish Date: May 4, 2022
Target Dealer Group: Ford Dealers
Information: Update: EFC10054 22MY F-150 Lightning FCTP Mannequin Program Overview - Opt in by May 11, 2022.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford warns dealers: do not sell Lightning demo vehicles early or face $25K fine + other penalties F150lightning FCTP sales restriction warnin
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Wow! But ADM is ok :rolleyes:

Whatā€™s the deal with this embargo? I honestly donā€™t get it. Itā€™s not like People will be able to run out and buy one right now.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Wow! But ADM is ok :rolleyes:

Whatā€™s the deal with this embargo? I honestly donā€™t get it. Itā€™s not like People will be able to run out and buy one right now.
Given the insane prices the Hummer has been selling for, I would not be surprised if someone came by a local Ford Dealer and offered $150,000 - $200,000 just to be one of the first people to own this truck; or then flip it again. Who knows?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm sure there will be a certain percentage of dealers who won't care because they'll sell it for double to some schmuck. Then there's some who will have already made an agreement to sell it in 6 months to someone who never made a reservation and they'll just sit it in the showroom, untouched.
But there's probably a majority of dealers who will use the unit as intended even though they won't be able to actually order the truck for their customers. There's still a huge number of reservation holders out there who didn't get to order for 22 (probably close to 90% weren't invited) and they may be on the fence. Driving one will be the key to getting them to commit to ordering once it's is their turn.

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
if someone came by a local Ford Dealer and offered $150,000 - $200,000 just to be one of the first people to own this truck
I am really excited to get my truck, but if someone were to offer me $150K-$200K....I would ask to take it for a spin before turning over the keys.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Small dealers who don't think strategically may take their chances with selling a Lightning demo immediately. They might figure "people buy from my inventory and rarely order anyway" and don't necessarily care about future participation in FTCP as long as they can get $150-200k for one hot item now. Who knows, they may be out of business soon and to them it's worth the risk.

So many dealers live in the moment to screw their customers, it's insane.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
"Unless the Mannequin unit can be replaced with another F-150 Lightning within 90 Days"

Step 1. List Mannequin for sale.

Step 2. Available for 2 weeks to the highest offer (ADM of $25,000 minimum)

Step 3. Take deposit, schedule delivery for 1 week later due to dealer "prep" charge $1,000 for the prep.

Step 4. "Sell the vehicle, issue a temporary vehicle plate." We're now 3 weeks/21 days in.

Step 5. Come up with BS excuse about how the DMV is slow due to supply chain and we would be happy to issue you a 2nd temporary plate while we wait for the DMV paperwork since the temp plate expired after 30 days.

Step 6. Officially sell the vehicle. We're now 2 months past taking delivery of the Mannequin and the 90 day clock starts. We have until October to replace the vehicle

Step 7. Locate an existing customer with a July-October delivery date. Surprise them a day before delivery with a $25,000 ADM. They back out, we now satisfy the 90 day replacement.

Step 8. Repeat from Step 1 to 6 and hopefully the 2nd truck you sell will gain an additional ADM, plus officially sell in November which satisfies the 6 months.

Did I miss any sleazy dealer tactics?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
"Unless the Mannequin unit can be replaced with another F-150 Lightning within 90 Days"

Step 1. List Mannequin for sale.

Step 2. Available for 2 weeks to the highest offer (ADM of $25,000 minimum)

Step 3. Take deposit, schedule delivery for 1 week later due to dealer "prep" charge $1,000 for the prep.

Step 4. "Sell the vehicle, issue a temporary vehicle plate." We're now 3 weeks/21 days in.

Step 5. Come up with BS excuse about how the DMV is slow due to supply chain and we would be happy to issue you a 2nd temporary plate while we wait for the DMV paperwork since the temp plate expired after 30 days.

Step 6. Officially sell the vehicle. We're now 2 months past taking delivery of the Mannequin and the 90 day clock starts. We have until October to replace the vehicle

Step 7. Locate an existing customer with a July-October delivery date. Surprise them a day before delivery with a $25,000 ADM. They back out, we now satisfy the 90 day replacement.

Step 8. Repeat from Step 1 to 6 and hopefully the 2nd truck you sell will gain an additional ADM, plus officially sell in November which satisfies the 6 months.

Did I miss any sleazy dealer tactics?
They keep your deposit because you backed out or they stall for months saying Ford should be the one refunding you.

Im already at the upper limits on spending for a Truck, anyone paying $25k ADM has more money than brains. Just like people overpaying for the First Edition Broncoā€¦ā€¦. Then the Raptor R makes its debut and the First Edition tanks

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
"Vehicle build specifications will be determined by Ford....."

My dealership copied exactly my Atlas Blue Lariat ER (511A) order and submitted that for their mannequin. It should be at the dealership next week. So not sure about the statement saying that Ford would decide what type of mannequin to send to the dealership, clearly they didn't in my dealer's case.

And they already are in discussions with a bunch of people about that truck. And they've said there will be an ADM (since people are already offering like 50k over MSRP to buy it).

But they have to not only keep it for 6 months it has to be driven as well (this according to my salesman). It can't just sit in the showroom. They said there is a minimum mileage it has to also achieve before it can be sold (I know that's not what the statement above says).

Mike

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.... anyone paying $25k ADM has more money than brains. Just like people overpaying for the First Edition Broncoā€¦ā€¦. Then the Raptor R makes its debut and the First Edition tanks
There's a lot of those money people where I live in So Cal !
:LOL:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There's a lot of those money people where I live in So Cal !
:LOL:
Oh I knowā€¦ā€¦. I mean, people were paying $10k over for a Civic Si, just to be ā€œFirstā€

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
I travel for work so hoping to be around when my truck arrives. I donā€™t want my truck to be the ā€œdemoā€ unit prior to me taking possession. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚
Sponsored