• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What other EV do you own?

j150

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023 Lariat Extended Range.
I bought 2 EV's in the last 14-ish months.
An Ioniq 5 Limited and a F-150 Lightning.
I also installed solar in 2020, so I feel like I an driving on sunshine.

Each have their pro and con.

Purchase experience with F-150 MUCH better than Ioniq 5.

Love both of them, in different ways.

What is your opinion?
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
We considered a BEV, PHEV and a hybrid when looking for a CUV to replace our sedan. A show stopper for us was ADM. After looking at several vehicles, we decided that the best BEV was the Volvo XC40 Recharge. Unfortunately, when cost was added to the mix, it was just too expensive- especially since the $7500 credit was no longer. As a result, we settled on the Subaru Outback for half the cost.

OP
OP

j150

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023 Lariat Extended Range.
Timing is a bitch. So sorry.
I think the Volvo/Polestar offerings are excellent.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
We have a Model Y. We ordered it when we thought we wouldn’t be able to convert our Lightning reservation. We were surprised to get invited to convert a few weeks later. We weren’t sure if we could tolerate charging while towing, so we decided to take delivery of both and sell the Lightning if we couldn’t deal with towing or the Model Y if the Lightning worked. We’ll, we loved them both so now we have two EVs!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
2021 Mach-E ordered May 2021.
2021 Mach-E cancelled order bought July 2021.
2022 Mach-E came in in May 2022 (the order).
Sold 2021 Mach-E in July 2022.
Bought 2022 Lightning May 2023.

Never considered any other brand, or model.

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
We picked up a 2022 Ford Mach-E Premium about 2 weeks after purchasing the Lightning. My wife wanted to downsize (she had an Expedition) and after seeing the Lightning she was sold on having an EV.

We also still have a 2007 Honda Odyssey we keep as a spare vehicle (that I've had since new) that my MIL drives occasionally, but so far we love being an EV first family.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I have an electric motorcycle and my Lightning. My wife is happy driving her Honda Pilot for 5 more years or until it begins to break down. Hopefully there are more full-sized EV SUVs by the time she's ready for something new.

No others yet, but I'm intrigued by electric motorcycles, top of list is a Harley Livewire One, or a Damon or a Energica Ego
I'm on my second Energica Eva and used to have a Zero DSR. I'm excited to hear your experience when you finally get to try one. Damon is still vaporware, so be wary of waiting forever for one to materialize and believing that they can beat the rest of the market on specs. If you haven't test rode an Energica or Livewire yet, you need to get on it ASAP. The ride is what will make you a believer.

Sponsored

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
June '22 bought a Model Y ad we didn't think the Lightning was going to happen. Sep '22 ordered my '23 Lightning and took delivery in Apr. Loving both!
We also have an '18 Prius Prime PHEV for the in-laws.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
We bought a Ford Focus Electric in 2017. We had an ICE Focus and bought the FFE as a second vehicle pretty much as a commuter car as it had a rated range of 160 km (100 mi).

We thought the ICE vehicle would still be driven about 25,000 km per year and the FFE would be driven about 17,000 km. That turned out to be backwards. Our monthly cost of gas + electricity from before having the two cars to after went down by about $60-70 per month, despite the increased driving.

The FFE gets almost 200 km per charge on days when it is about 18-22C (68-72F)with a little lower when it's hotter, but can be as low as 120 km in fairly cold weather. It's range drops about 10-15 km the day the all season tires are changed tovtge winter tires.

Since the summer of 2019, we've used the FFE for longer road trips since the fast charging infrastructure became adequate for a 160 km range. It has steadily improved since then, though since EV use is basically doubling each year, it remains to be seen if this keeps up.

It has been very educational to learn to make long trips in an EV with a fairly low range. I have to laugh at those worried about range with what's available today, but fear of the unknown can be a major factor for many.

We sold the ICE Focus in the fall of 2021 since it was a seller's market and we would get a better price than trading it in when getting the Lightning.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
We also have a Mach-E. My wife loves it. I'm disappointed with it. I wish Ford had done their homework before they developed it. It could have been a lot better from day 1.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
‘22 Mach E GT PE. I love the performance just not the ride and road noise. For the price I wish those 2 qualities were more like an old school LTD, Marquis, Lincoln Mark IV.

Also have ‘20 F250Limited super duty which I love. Yes, has factory seat massagers and powered running boards.

and a ‘16 F250 Lariat Superduty which is my puller.
And a’99 F350 Lariat Superduty (actually my wife’s truck)
And an ‘84 F250 straight 6 300 cu inch welding / work truck.
and an old ford tractor
And a Ford manure spreader from back in the days Ford built farm equipment.
Yes, we are a Ford family.

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
We are an all EV family, we have had a 2014 Tesla since new and now I have the F150 Lightning. So we are all electric. We don't really roadtrip or drive far, all of our driving is in a 50 mile radius around Houston. So it works for us. If we did go on a road trip, would actually rent a car for the weekend. 99% of our charging is at home. As much as I love my EV, when traveling I refuse to get an EV. Too much hassle, especially if you are not familiar with the area.
Sponsored