• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gas card cancelled & now looking for EV charger credit card or tracking payment

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
While cleaning out my Lightning's glove box, I found I had transferred from my old gasser - ARCO Fleet Gas card.

Felt so good to cut it up and cancel the commercial account after years of gasoline purchases.

Does anybody know of an EV credit card, business commercial card or other means of tracking EV charges at various EV charging locations?

It was easy with the Commercial Fleet ARCO gas card at the end of the year to finalize business fuel charges.

But with EV, I can only calculate my home's kWH charges + EA fast charger charges.

Is there a universal payment method to track EV charges outside the house - L2 or L3 all brands chargers of all kinds ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Gas card cancelled & now looking for EV charger credit card or tracking payment IMG_9550.JPG
Sponsored

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Every L2 or L3 charger I have been too that had by minute or kW cost ran on a connected credit card to an app or directly by credit card. Would any business card dedicated to charger cost not do?

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Every L2 or L3 charger I have been too that had by minute or kW cost ran on a connected credit card to an app or directly by credit card. Would any business card dedicated to charger cost not do?
Yes, I have business credit cards that I can put them all onto a single payment for all the EV apps, but separating them is a pain - EV charges, business charges, expenses, services, etc....

I wanted an EV specific card or app that can monitor all my EV charges similar to a gas card.

Like an EV card made for business...

Reactions: HJP

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, I have business credit cards that I can put them all onto a single payment for all the EV apps, but separating them is a pain - EV charges, business charges, expenses, services, etc....

I wanted an EV specific card or app that can monitor all my EV charges similar to a gas card.

Like an EV card made for business...
I'm sure its coming. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla comes out with one or for that matter the Ford CC.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
While cleaning out my Lightning's glove box, I found I had transferred from my old gasser - ARCO Fleet Gas card.

Felt so good to cut it up and cancel the commercial account after years of gasoline purchases.

Does anybody know of an EV credit card, business commercial card or other means of tracking EV charges at various EV charging locations?

It was easy with the Commercial Fleet ARCO gas card at the end of the year to finalize business fuel charges.

But with EV, I can only calculate my home's kWH charges + EA fast charger charges.

Is there a universal payment method to track EV charges outside the house - L2 or L3 all brands chargers of all kinds ?

IMG_9550.JPG
Found some for you lol

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/...ds-are-charging-ahead-with-ev-related-rewards

Sponsored

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
In a thread over on another forum someone had mentioned that Costco's card was providing cash back for EV charging. Something about the specifics state that the charger had to be @ Costco but people were confirming that it was working at any location. I don't have a Costco card to test this out but figured I'd throw that out there so others who did could check into it.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
In a thread over on another forum someone had mentioned that Costco's card was providing cash back for EV charging. Something about the specifics state that the charger had to be @ Costco but people were confirming that it was working at any location. I don't have a Costco card to test this out but figured I'd throw that out there so others who did could check into it.
Thank you for that - confirmed by @F150ROD link that also said the same - 4x points for using the Citibank Costco VISA.

I have both Costco Citibank VISA and the Ford Pass VISA - will have to see which is better - Ford VISA or Costco VISA in terms of rewards...

Hoping in the near future, a business or commercial card comes out to support "fleet" EV customers...

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I inquired with Holman/ARI about getting a fleet charging card through Wex. I’m still waiting for an answer.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I inquired with Holman/ARI about getting a fleet charging card through Wex. I’m still waiting for an answer.
Very cool to see a fleet management integrator for EV - never heard of them!

I do have WEX and Fleetcor commercial accounts as I have their cards for fuel, oil, DEF, and maintenance.

Haven't used much of them recently due to the price of fuel at major name brands (76, Exxon, Chevron, Shell) being higher than ARCO prices.

I liked using ARCO because we got cash price at credit convenience (3-4% discount) plus lower monthly fixed costs than my Fuelman (Fleetcor) or 76/Exxon universal (WEX).

Should be nice to see more business orientated EV cards to capture the commercial fleet market.

In the meantime, I am using my personal Citibank VISA for the 4% back.

Checking with Citibank of the Business Costco VISA if they give the same % back.......

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have both Costco Citibank VISA and the Ford Pass VISA - will have to see which is better - Ford VISA or Costco VISA in terms of rewards...
I don't think the FordPass Rewards Visa beats anything for rewards. Maybe the spending to earn an annual bonus, but otherwise it's one of the worst cards out there.

As for tracking EV charging, most of the EV networks have apps to use, some of which may provide a lower rate opportunity. You could easily use only 1 credit card for all your EV charging apps.

Given that most charging is on a network, it would be quite easy to look at EV charging on a download of a statement - Electrify America, ChargePoint, ... If you're using more than 2 or 3 networks, you must be doing a lot of long trip driving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I don't think the FordPass Rewards Visa beats anything for rewards. Maybe the spending to earn an annual bonus, but otherwise it's one of the worst cards out there.
Agree - Ford Pass VISA has their annual cash back for spending and the 3% back on "fuel" which I would assume would code as MCC when using EV ?

BTW: FNBO/Ford just paid me $300 for use of the card (spent $6K) so that was a nice first year bonus.

Looking at Costco Citibank - 4% is better if you don't spend that much on EV charges and don't have to hit a spend minimum.

However, they are both temporary until a commercial fleet EV card comes out because combining my EV charges on my personal cards is a mess to separate at the end of the year for taxes.

Would be nice if WEX, Fleetcor, or Holman comes out with an EV only fleet card...

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Agree - Ford Pass VISA has their annual cash back for spending and the 3% back on "fuel" which I would assume would code as MCC when using EV ?

BTW: FNBO/Ford just paid me $300 for use of the card (spent $6K) so that was a nice first year bonus.
You really have to look at the total picture. For example, if I get 4% on the Costco Visa, and FordPass Rewards is paying 3%, then there's a breakeven equation you can do on that $300. Of course you didn't spend $6,000 on charging. If you got 1% on the majority of that spend to earn $300...

Got the Chase Sapphire Preferred last summer (and for my wife). Spend $4,000, get 100,000 points, i.e. $1,000. Spend those points on travel, they're worth $1,250. Not one to "play" the cards, but could not pass that up. First year free. Then downgraded one, kept the other to keep using the point bonus. Also get 10% bonus on spend each year, and $50 on hotel. Last year got $50 on grocery on signup.

wingfiry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER

It looks like ComData is looking at adding EV charging to their fleet fuel cards:
https://www.comdata.com/resources/n...streamline-electric-vehicle-fleet-management/
Sponsored