• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Going rate for XLT?

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
Hey folks! Have a Model Y on order but really coming back to an EV truck. Wanted a lightning before but was driven away and turned off by the stealerships demanding $10k or more over sticker. Decided at the time to let them sit and collect a bit of rust.

A few short months later those same dealers are advertising $5k off sticker before incentives. lol. How times have changed.

What's the going rate for deals now off of sticker on XLT?

One of the dealers here, the sales manager stated they hated having the EVs and they just want them gone. When leaving they just received a blue XLT base with a 57k sticker and sales rep joked, "don't worry about it, it will still be here when you're ready."

Not impressed with the SR range... but the upcharge to ER is pretty aggressive and egregious.

I do think that if I can get SR for $50k before incentives ($1,500 + $7,500 Fed point of sale) I can justify a new one for low $40s, and high $30s after state incentives. Yes, would be limited on range, but would do majority of daily needs.

Will be far happier when Tesla superchargers are open to lightnings. Went to Wally today with the only EA Lvl 3 within 30 or 40 miles, and there were 4 out of 4 stalls occupied, and 3 people waiting. One Mercedes owner left their vehicle there, not charging, and taking up a spot.

Over the past 3 years I have rented a TON of EVs through Hertz for our business travels and never had an issue with Tesla.

I suppose should get a Lightning and a Tesla. lol.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
You’ll have to see what the January incentives are. My local dealer has 33 Lightnings - 24 of which are XLT trim levels.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
I'm curious -- are the trucks on the lot or just on their website? Our local dealers often show far more available than they have. You can sort of tell by the stock photos but some of them have gotten creative with AI.

One dealer even shows photos of a different truck, like "wait, the Pro has a sunroof?"

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I'm curious -- are the trucks on the lot or just on their website? Our local dealers often show far more available than they have. You can sort of tell by the stock photos but some of them have gotten creative with AI.

One dealer even shows photos of a different truck, like "wait, the Pro has a sunroof?"

The website says that the trucks are all in stock.

OP
OP

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
Same here. Trucks are on the lots.

Looks like current incentives are good through today. Hopefully tomorrow they increase.

One dealership chain confirmed they are set up to do $7500 at point of sale already, begging me to come in and pick up one of the ER XLT or Lariats.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Hopefully nice incentive plans show up tomorrow. I have always bought during the winter. Would like my luck to hold out.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
One of my local dealers appears to be having some decent discounts on XLTs at moment.

Ford F-150 Lightning Going rate for XLT? 1704405366615

OP
OP

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
One of my local dealers appears to be having some decent discounts on XLTs at moment.

1704405366615.png
I called the dealership, it’s a pricing mistake. They’re only doing 5000 off.

Tundra

First Name
MATH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2012 Honda Civic
Occupation
Audio Engineer
For what it is worth:

I did all of my pricing over email (which gives a paper trail to what is being offered):

1) I asked dealerships for their best out the door price, including all taxes and fees. I also asked that they be competitive as I was reaching out to many dealerships. I kept the email friendly, but pointed.

2) When I got a good price, I asked others if they could match/do better. This was highly entertaining as I had one dealership respond with, "Don't worry we don't even need to email you pricing, we have transparent pricing, and our website shows the best deal" - all while their pricing was $15k more than other places I was talking to. Some dealerships were unwilling to play ball, but a few did.

3) As would happen the dealership that was the most friendly/responsive also happened to give me the best pricing. They were the dealership I was most wanting to do business with anyways, they were great to work with!

I got the deal I wanted without having to walk into a single dealership, or any other shenanigans. It was a fairly straight forward process, please note it may take a week or two, unless a dealer is really motivated to move something off of their lot.

OP
OP

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
For what it is worth:

I did all of my pricing over email (which gives a paper trail to what is being offered):

1) I asked dealerships for their best out the door price, including all taxes and fees. I also asked that they be competitive as I was reaching out to many dealerships. I kept the email friendly, but pointed.

2) When I got a good price, I asked others if they could match/do better. This was highly entertaining as I had one dealership respond with, "Don't worry we don't even need to email you pricing, we have transparent pricing, and our website shows the best deal" - all while their pricing was $15k more than other places I was talking to. Some dealerships were unwilling to play ball, but a few did.

3) As would happen the dealership that was the most friendly/responsive also happened to give me the best pricing. They were the dealership I was most wanting to do business with anyways, they were great to work with!

I got the deal I wanted without having to walk into a single dealership, or any other shenanigans. It was a fairly straight forward process, please note it may take a week or two, unless a dealer is really motivated to move something off of their lot.
What kind of deal did you settle on?

Sponsored

Tundra

First Name
MATH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Audio Engineer
What kind of deal did you settle on?
I went for a Pro, but I got $6,500 of sticker, and additional $10k between Federal and State Rebates, so a little over $37k before tax/registration. I am guessing you may be able to get a better deal on an XLT.

Personally a Pro was what I was most interested in, and $55k MSRP was the cutoff for my $2,500 state incentive.

OP
OP

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
I went for a Pro, but I got $6,500 of sticker, and additional $10k between Federal and State Rebates, so a little over $37k before tax/registration. I am guessing you may be able to get a better deal on an XLT.

Personally a Pro was what I was most interested in, and $55k MSRP was the cutoff for my $2,500 state incentive.
you got $6,500 off of a Pro? WOW. So far on Pro best I saw was $2k... On XLt they are seemingly a bit better.

Same here, in PA there are state incentives, but only on purchase price of $50k or less... less delivery/destination. So hoping to get XLT for $49,999 before the Fed... or found a few Pro models with $52k sticker that would be fairly easy to get under $50k.

I am on the shorter side at 5'8" so the lack of height adjustment on the Pro was a turnoff... at least I could not find height adjustment on it?

Tundra

First Name
MATH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Audio Engineer
I am on the shorter side at 5'8" so the lack of height adjustment on the Pro was a turnoff... at least I could not find height adjustment on it?
You are correct there is no height adjustment.

For what it is worth, I am a tad short at 5'6" and usually have seats at their highest height (even my lowly civic has this manual adjustment). I was also worried about this lack of adjustment, and it honestly has not been a problem. My spouse is 5'2" and extremely petite, and the height worked well for her as well.

tashabay716

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lighning
Occupation
retired
Just purchased a new XLT with ER battery, portable charger, super charger, upgraded Azure Grey paint, spray in bedliner. MSRP was $73,490. Bought for just under $66k from a DFW dealer.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just purchased a new XLT with ER battery, portable charger, super charger, upgraded Azure Grey paint, spray in bedliner. MSRP was $73,490. Bought for just under $66k from a DFW dealer.
I got my XLT SR shortly after they released for $57k. Was $53k, but added the Pro power, both tow packages, and a tailgate step. I paid MSRP.

With that said, I'm getting jealous of seeing some ER purchases within a few $k of what I paid. It's a great time to be in the market for a Lightning, it's a ton of truck for the current market prices.
Sponsored